• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Donnelly votes no for Kavanaugh today and I vote no to Donnelly in November. Hopefully the vote today shows Donnelly the street in November. He again votes the party line. Not bi-partisan as Joe always says.

Kavanaugh wins … Donnelly a loser in November!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Donnelly votes no for Kavanaugh today and I vote no to Donnelly in November. Hopefully the vote today shows Donnelly the street in November. He again votes the party line. Not bi-partisan as Joe always says.

Kavanaugh wins … Donnelly a loser in November!

Yeah, this isn't good for Joe. Braun should crank out the "partisan" commercials now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think I could be more supportive of Republicans if they'd be more consistent in supporting fiscal conservatism and being courageous in sticking to it.

I think in terms of how Senators should approach advise and consent, their advice should be not to nominate ideologically radical nominees who will rule as activists. And it's fair to withdraw their consent if that advice is violated. But other than that, if the nominee is qualified, and doesn't have substantiated ethical issues, you confirm.

Otherwise, it's a two way street. A democrat is going to nominate a left leaning justice. And it's only important because the SCOTUS has morphed into an unbalanced political institution. And so now, elections for the other two branches have consequences on the third, for decades. But, because you want your guys confirmed, you apply a standard that should be workable for both sides. So, if the president nominates an ideologically reasonable candidate, competent, etcetera, that should be a reasonable standard for both sides. We shouldn't have this nonsense of Dems saying that America will go down in flames if Kavanaugh is nominated. He's milquetoast in terms of ideologically right-wing.

I still have a feeling in a few years, we're going to wonder why we went to the mattresses to get this guy confirmed.

At least he'll be better than what Hillary would have nominated. You know the republicans would have confirmed every one of her nominations.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I still have a feeling in a few years, we're going to wonder why we went to the mattresses to get this guy confirmed.

At least he'll be better than what Hillary would have nominated. You know the republicans would have confirmed every one of her nominations.

I saw something that someone posted that was a comparison of rulings between Garland and Kavanaugh. They were virtually identical. Which makes two things absurd. One, that the left is so afraid. Two, that the right is happy with the nomination. I'm not happy with the nomination, but I am happy for the Democrat loss.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I saw something that someone posted that was a comparison of rulings between Garland and Kavanaugh. They were virtually identical. Which makes two things absurd. One, that the left is so afraid. Two, that the right is happy with the nomination. I'm not happy with the nomination, but I am happy for the Democrat loss.

How often do you think important, controversial Constitutional issues are decided by a Court of Appeal? I imagine somewhere under 5%.

The rest are things like evidence issues, summary judgment review in civil cases, appeals of criminal convictions, bankruptcy issues, contract disputes, etc.

Depending on what cases account for the 5-7% difference, that can be YUGE.

He will likely vote similarly to Thomas and Alito- which is a very good thing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How often do you think important, controversial Constitutional issues are decided by a Court of Appeal? I imagine somewhere under 5%.

The rest are things like evidence issues, summary judgment review in civil cases, appeals of criminal convictions, bankruptcy issues, contract disputes, etc.

I hope you're right.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Donnelly doesn't even try to hide the fact he's prostituted himself to the likes of Schumer and Feinstein. He's not representing Indiana. Mike Braun makes me want to puke but he's getting my vote....as usual I will be voting against people instead of for them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Donnelly doesn't even try to hide the fact he's prostituted himself to the likes of Schumer and Feinstein. He's not representing Indiana. Mike Braun makes me want to puke but he's getting my vote....as usual I will be voting against people instead of for them.

Braun does not irritate me. He is different no doubt. And yes, again we have to vote for the lesser of two.......You call it

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Braun does not irritate me. He is different no doubt. And yes, again we have to vote for the lesser of two.......You call it
    I’ve called it for myself ever since President Trump was elected, and the ensuing freak show of the crybaby left commenced....I’ll never vote for another goddammed democrat again, ever! (Not that I’ve voted for many anyway, but there was a time when I would vote for a specific democrat in a local election because I personally knew them. Not anymore).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Any vote for a dem is a vote against the Second Amendment. Anyone who doesn't vote for the candidate that can actually beat the dem is allowing the dem to win.

That should be the end of conversation on this Pro-2A gun owners forum. :twocents:

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Sounds good to me, CM. We can always reopen if they actually try to impeach him. oops, wrong thread... thought this was the Kav nomination thread.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Fact heck confirmed. I was curious after posting that, so I looked a bit deeper and found essentially what you said. Also, that Kavenaugh tended to write independent opinions a lot, especially in dissent. People on the left are taking that to predict that Kavanaugh will be an “activist” conservative.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I’ve called it for myself ever since President Trump was elected, and the ensuing freak show of the crybaby left commenced....I’ll never vote for another goddammed democrat again, ever! (Not that I’ve voted for many anyway, but there was a time when I would vote for a specific democrat in a local election because I personally knew them. Not anymore).
    Same here. If my son runs as a Democrat when he grows up then I've failed as a parent but I also wont vote for him

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I wrote Joe an e-mail a few days ago asking him what kind of man he is, and to whom he is loyal (Hoosiers or the party)...... now I have the answer to both questions.

Top Bottom