Sen. Coats will not vote to defund ObamaCare at next CR...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    why are you people upset with dan? NOTHING is going to stop obamacare right now, the dems control 2/3 of the gov't. republicans really cant do anything, and with the media on the democrats side, they will get blamed for everything. The only chance is winning the senate and the presidency next time around, delaying has a great chance to pass and if thats what needs to be done to ultimately get rid of it then fine, there is no way they can get rid of it right now. THINK

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    why are you people upset with dan? NOTHING is going to stop obamacare right now, the dems control 2/3 of the gov't. republicans really cant do anything, and with the media on the democrats side, they will get blamed for everything. The only chance is winning the senate and the presidency next time around, delaying has a great chance to pass and if thats what needs to be done to ultimately get rid of it then fine, there is no way they can get rid of it right now. THINK

Mr. Coats lost my vote when he voted for NDAA.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs

NOTHING is going to stop Obamatard Care? The whole point to the fight is that the republicans control the house, aka the purse strings. No money for the program = no program! What is so hard to understand? The vision that comes to mind when I read posts that suggest that we should just lay down and die, stop fighting because we might offend someone, or we might get blamed for some imaginary downfall - surrender. If our great nation were invaded today by a force greater than we could muster, would you surrender? Pray for the best as everything around you goes to $&-; as you silently watch? Hope that our new masters will be fair to us? Be paralyzed with fear as they take everything you have ever worked for to give to someone else.... Oh wait, that is what is happening right now.... Our great nation has been invaded by those that would cheer at our way of life and liberty going the way of the dinosaur. Collectively, we have all sat back and watched as they have piece by piece, brick by brick, started to dismantle the system from the inside out - hoping that the NEXT 4 years would see better times for us all.

Some ask, who IS the enemy? Progressives? Commies? Libtards? It is all of the above.... Those that believe that society should prop up those that choose not to stand on their own. Those that believe that all should be equal in the world, and fair. Life is tough folks, wear a helmet....

I for one believe that the .gov lies to us all the time. So talk that the government will "shut down" come 10/1 is rediculous. As a nation, are we really on such a shoestring budget that all life as we know it ( government wise ) will end? Soldiers will not be able to fight ( no supplies ), National Parks will cease to exist, etc. (all the fear mongering going on lately -take your pick).... BS. It is time to hit the reset button then. Let the "shutdown" happen. Call the bluff. Make your stand on the principles - not die on your knees. :twocents:

rant over....

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    can obamacare even be repealed?

Certainly not at this time and not in the foreseeable future. The republicans have already said they want to "repeal and replace" Obamacare, so you're going to get government run healthcare no matter what. The only difference is that one plan is a democrat plan and the other is a republican plan. Obamacare or Romneycare, your choices will be made for you by politicians.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I believe this is correct. We can't repeal as long as Obama is POTUS. The masses will freak and blame the GOP if the gubmint gets shut down just like they did last time. THe MSM will tell them constantly that it is all the Republicans fault and that the sky is falling.

See that is the problem every one is afraid of representing the voters interest. We can not do that the Democrats will demonize us. Really seems like the Republicans are doing a find job of it themselves. Might as well just call them Democrat lites! After all Why stand on your principles like Ted Cruz did? What is to be gained from showing your voteres you will go down with a fight. Me I let Dan's office know that I did not approve of his actions and wll no longer be supporting his efforts. I mean what the he might go all in with the Democrats and vote to ratify the UN Small arms Treaty as well. As long as he no longer cares to stand on principles he might as well just go off to campain for Hillary and Joe and 2016

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I left him a message yesterday that if he doesn't do the right thing and vote against cloture I will work tirelessly to make sure he is not re-elected.....not that that means anything to him I'm sure.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    IMO he has a point. If the GOP shuts down the govt, the Dems will demonize them.

I can't read past that. you are saying the Dems hasn't demonize them already? shut down or not shut down, the Dems will demonize them for anything and everything.

lionhunt64

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    At Close Range
    At what point do we stand and fight, Worried about getting blamed! The republicans have been getting there pants pulled down in front of the world for 5 yrs now. Its time to fight. If the republicans vote NO on the cloture, at least Reid has to get 61 votes. Make him get these fleabags names out on a yes or no. Republicans must have found the Scott Brown Playbook in the Senate Lounge. Obama said he was going to transform this country,Who knew the republicans would be pouring his coffee and and holding his Umbrella along the way.That means we the taxpayers will be footing the bill for every deadbeat in this country, when the freebie morphine drip starts, The republicans are going to mount a battle plan and ride to the rescue, these guys could'nt organize a Easter Egg Hunt. I've had to with the republicans

USAFVet

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Indy
    Republicans have let the left lie and demonize them for way to long. It seems they have very few with a backbone to stand up and fight no matter the consequences.

Top Bottom