Selling Grandpa's Firearms....who to use?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2016
    Indpls
    HI -- would any of you have some suggestions for what dealer might be most fair in offering to purchase some older rifles/1917 US Army revolver in the Indianapolis area -- I know I could probably do better by trying to sell them myself but would rather go one place one time....thanks for any suggestions...

KJO/Kevin

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    You will probably need to let us know what you mean by "older".

This doesn't address your location but with email and digital photos you could have a conversation without driving:

Precision Arms of Indiana in Columbia City specializes in bolt action military rifles/pistols.

I am looking for a 1903a3....

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Unless you need quick cash, I would research each one, you may be surprised what some of those Milsurps may be worth.
    Then open a gunbroker acct. and sell them there.

It's not that hard.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    and this is why I guess I may as well start selling my guns off myself....
    The ones that were passed down to me are treasured family heirlooms to me that I would never consider selling.
    I am guessing when I die, it will be off to the auction block.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The ones that were passed down to me are treasured family heirlooms to me that I would never consider selling.

Seems to be the way of things.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

I'll be whoever you want.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Depending on how many you have, Dury's Guns in Texas is an option. Call them to see how the process works. From what I've heard, the process is fairly easy.

https://www.durysguns.com/sell-your-guns/

From the link above.

If you do not live near San Antonio, please give us a call at 210-531-2629 or 210-531-2629 . We can help you in various ways to simplify the selling process, from estimating the value of your firearm to providing a shipping box with a convenient pre-addressed UPS call tag. (A UPS call tag sends a UPS representative to pick up your gun from your home.)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's all about the money. History and heirloom mean nothing anymore.
    Or... They already pulled out the sentimental pieces and gave them to family and friends. They are now trying to dispose of the other random things pops had in his safe.

To the OP:
    Might be worth posting a few pics and descriptions on here, just to get an idea of what all you have and a general idea of value. If it is just a couple of random pieces, a forum like this may move them along just fine. To save time on a larger collection (but get less return), a dealer may be the way to go.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It's all about the money. History and heirloom mean nothing anymore.

That's the culture we currently reside in.
    This is a disposable world, old fashioned values have no value, and the media is all flash and no substance.
    Some of us are still "old fashioned, honorable, and are family oriented" so we're the keepers of the faith.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Wow.
    I'd like to say I'm surprised by the turn this thread has taken, but I'm really not.

OP:
    I'm sorry they assume you are "all about the money" and not "honorable" or "family oriented".
    I hope you are able to sell the guns easily and at a fair price.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Since the thread already turned -

I've spent years trying to get my guns in order for my kids. Will, Trust, etc... Lawyers are pricey. I can only pray that my girls (or their hubbys) won't just starts selling them for profit when I crawl into the hole in the backyard.

I wonder if I could put some "clause" in my will to keep the guns in the family somehow...... without costing me another lawyer fee.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

Seems to be the way of things.

You can adopt me for such purposes. I won't sell 'em :thumbsup:

KJO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2016
    Indpls
    BigTanker thanks for the lead....jagee...the other posters remind me of John Snow -- they know nothing....

My first post here and they sure know how to make a fellow feel welcome.....you folks with your assumptions and related opinions are no different than the anti's that you all profess to abhor...

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Or... They already pulled out the sentimental pieces and gave them to family and friends. They are now trying to dispose of the other random things pops had in his safe....

^^^ This. We have my father's sewing machine and typewriter collections to deal with. Family members have selected machines that mean something to them but that leaves another 100 or so that none of us need filling up our homes and being hidden away from collectors that would appreciate them more than us.

Top Bottom