• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got two offers to sell part of my property. What they wanted was the part next to the road. I'm treating it like spam and ignoring it because the price was so low, plus it would cause more problems than I want to deal with.
    We get pounded by flippers wanting to buy both houses (ours and the next door where the terrorists live) we own. I sometimes take a minute to mess with them and when they tell what they are willing to pay us the laughter on my end seems to disturb them.

jimC2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    near Marysville
    could this have been an offer to purchase a narrow strip for road improvements or an easement for utilities?
    No, this was an offer to buy the front part of my property and some of my neighbors have received the same offers, but only the ones with houses on the back part of the property. Just wondered if anyone else had received this offer.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Generally speaking, properties cannot be subdivided to leave a lot landlocked (there has to be right-of-way access through deeded property or an easement).

I'll pretend I'm a dentist and try pulling teeth: why do you think someone would want to buy the front of your and your neighbor's property?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Hey, I offered you 10 rounds of 9mm ammo. Given the market value I thought I was being generous for a quick sale. But that's ok, I know what I have.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Generally speaking, properties cannot be subdivided to leave a lot landlocked (there has to be right-of-way access through deeded property or an easement).

Some areas also have zoning restrictions against establishing "flag" properties, where a skinny access ROW runs along side the front property (the "pole") to give access to the property in back (the "flag").

OK, there, I've made my contribution to a thread that started with post that essentially called for no comments. My work here is done.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Some areas also have zoning restrictions against establishing "flag" properties, where a skinny access ROW runs along side the front property (the "pole") to give access to the property in back (the "flag").

OK, there, I've made my contribution to a thread that started with post that essentially called for no comments. My work here is done.

After just over a year I had to replace my Anin brand USA American flag. This is one solid year 24/7 flying. The only reason we replaced it is because the wife's sewing machine went tango umbrella so she couldn't resew the freyed ends.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI

What's the reasoning behind preventing that, out of curiosity?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    After just over a year I had to replace my Anin brand USA American flag. This is one solid year 24/7 flying. The only reason we replaced it is because the wife's sewing machine went tango umbrella so she couldn't resew the freyed ends.
    You sure that's not "Tango-Uniform"?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I like "tango umbrella." I wish I had thought of that while I was still in. Of course it wasn't until later in my career that they started saying "tango uniform"...

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    What's the reasoning behind preventing that, out of curiosity?

There are sometimes problems with utility access and maintenance, road/driveway maintenance (especially if there is more than one "flag" on the "pole" and the "pole" is not a city/county road), accurate surveying a plot that does not border on a known fixed feature, and building codes. Some building and property codes are written on a model that presumes every house fronts on a public road, and don't apply to structures that aren't on a street. So if someone "flags" a property, they may be able to build a non-code house complete with attached dog breeding and kenneling facility and three ring circus right in the middle of a neighborhood. So instead of re-writing all the codes, they just ban flag properties. They are not illegal everywhere, but best to check.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    There are sometimes problems with utility access and maintenance, road/driveway maintenance (especially if there is more than one "flag" on the "pole" and the "pole" is not a city/county road), accurate surveying a plot that does not border on a known fixed feature, and building codes. Some building and property codes are written on a model that presumes every house fronts on a public road, and don't apply to structures that aren't on a street. So if someone "flags" a property, they may be able to build a non-code house complete with attached dog breeding and kenneling facility and three ring circus right in the middle of a neighborhood. So instead of re-writing all the codes, they just ban flag properties. They are not illegal everywhere, but best to check.
    Thanks for taking the time to explain, was interesting.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I don't care what anybody says, I like Spam, thin sliced and fried, mmmmmm. I need to come up with an inexpensive slicer so I can slice the whole brick consistently and easily.

Your welcome. Look around the spam store, they have some great gift ideas. I want to buy my 5yo nephew the spamjo for his birthday just to annoy my sister in law, Mrs.BRC said no.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't care what anybody says, I like Spam, thin sliced and fried, mmmmmm. I need to come up with an inexpensive slicer so I can slice the whole brick consistently and easily.
    Be careful with it and you'll thank me later
    20150116-mandoline-slicers-vicky-wasik-1.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Replaced mine (Annin also) as well recently, between us and previous owner it had been up at least 2 years. Bought the same one again. Couldn't tell it was so frayed until I got it down.

Top Bottom