• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    More plot, from the widow's social media...

This one might get national attention soon, with self-defense the hot topic of the day.

View attachment 169310

View attachment 169311

View attachment 169312

The dude is almost certainly an ass, but be careful about reading into facial expressions. People do very odd and unexpected things under extreme stress, including laughter. I have personally witnessed shooters swing wildly from crying to laughter, and I think it's there brain trying to catch up to their new reality. We laugh at the absurd, and something this far out of the "normal person" experience is very much absurd. I don't pretend to know all the psychology behind it, but it absolutely is a thing for some folks to go through.

I get the optic is horrible, and he may really be the cock of the walk he is portrayed as, but just something to consider.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Holy Carp...every person on you tube saying the shooter should of let the other guy take his gun and get beat up and take it like a man.....there is no hope for our society. The population will take away the 2A in the next few years.

Reactions: Leo

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just a few thoughts-

1) This is why we have juries.

2) Would help to see what happened leading up to where the videos start.

3) Setting aside everything that comes before (which is, of course, significant), if someone fires a round in my direction, like at my feet, I'm not so sure that grabbing the gun just fired at me makes me the aggressor...dumb sure, but not the aggressor.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't step in other people's dog poop.
    Bingo.

After watching the Vid several times, it is full of fail. Full of it. So I have mixed emotions as to what this will end up as under the law. But of late we cannot rely on how the law has been written but if it supports an agenda and is worth twisting it to meet those needs.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The dude is almost certainly an ass, but be careful about reading into facial expressions. People do very odd and unexpected things under extreme stress, including laughter. I have personally witnessed shooters swing wildly from crying to laughter, and I think it's there brain trying to catch up to their new reality. We laugh at the absurd, and something this far out of the "normal person" experience is very much absurd. I don't pretend to know all the psychology behind it, but it absolutely is a thing for some folks to go through.

I get the optic is horrible, and he may really be the cock of the walk he is portrayed as, but just something to consider.
    One of the few things my uncle told me about working with the Nungs in Vietnam was that during extreme stress there was a cultural upbringing (it had a word, believe in Hakka) to laugh. It stuck with me when I started seeing horrible things and the varied reactions there to.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just a few thoughts-

3) Setting aside everything that comes before (which is, of course, significant), if someone fires a round in my direction, like at my feet, I'm not so sure that grabbing the gun just fired at me makes me the aggressor...dumb sure, but not the aggressor.
    From what I saw, might be difficult to get the SD final instruction.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just a few thoughts-

Agree with 1 and 2

3, if they weren't on shooter's literal and figurate doorstep I think that would have a better chance of flying. Or if now dead guy wasn't physically larger and in the bull moose game of pushing shooter guy toward the house. I think the disparity of force and the argument of protecting home/curtilage from intrusion will be difficult to overcome for any prosecutor.

I still reserve the right to disagree with me later as more information comes out.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Agree with 1 and 2

3, if they weren't on shooter's literal and figurate doorstep I think that would have a better chance of flying. Or if now dead guy wasn't physically larger and in the bull moose game of pushing shooter guy toward the house. I think the disparity of force and the argument of protecting home/curtilage from intrusion will be difficult to overcome for any prosecutor.

I still reserve the right to disagree with me later as more information comes out.
    I get it. I was not expressing an opinion on the overall situation, just the idea that when someone lights a round off, it may change the dynamic.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    First confirmed on video kill for the Ruger PC Carbine? I guess I shouldn't bash the PCC so much because that one round of 9mm out of a full length barrel put him right in the dirt.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with this. Arming yourself when a beligerant person is screaming at and intimidating your woman, on your property, and refusing to leave is entirely reasonable. Shooting someone after they clearly verbally threaten to take your gun and murder you with it and then try to do that exact thing is entirely reasonable. I don't see any reason charges would happen here. He threatened an armed man's life, attacked, and got himself shot. What else is there to talk about, "he should have had a fistfight instead"?

Screw that. I'm not going to "take the beating", Mr Binger, especially not in front of my own house.

Regarding his new woman's demeanor during the shooting, her claim is that she did not recognize the Ruger as an actual firearm and thought it might be a paintball gun or something. It's a funky-looking gun, so I guess that's plausible for a non-gun person. But she's also trying to take the kids now, so not exactly a neutral party.

Top Bottom