• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Don't know how this would play in Indiana.

But like the old tourist ads on TV in the 90's used to say...

"Texas. It's like a whole other country."

Also, don't knock a pistol caliber carbine for home defense.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sadly, I agree with the defendant's attorney. Dead guy was an idiot, and was betting on the homeowner not having the balls to shoot him. Even after what appears to me to be a warning shot between his feet, He doubled down and FAAFA.

If I was stupid enough to go chest to chest with a guy with a rifle and he put a round between my feet, I'd be moving along and calling the cops to let them handle it from there. Not Trying to strip the rifle from his hands. Because once you do that and it fails, it pretty much seals your fate.

Man some guys can be macho idiots.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    So: Macho-Man's ex-wife marries some dude, MM goes over there to get his kids...a scuffle breaks out...and his new wife sits there and b!itches while her husband is bleeding out on the porch...and doesn't even think to call 911 until his body has already cooled 2 degrees?

...and said woman is now trying to get full custody of children who didn't come out of her body, away from their bio-mother?

Not sure I'm reading the familial identities correctly, but neither of them seems like an Einstein. Stupid people reproduce all the time, and by definition, kids are involved. It doesn't change the laws of reality.

This is the third high-profile incident we've seen this week, where somebody tried to Wing Chun a longarm away from someone. And all 3 of them got Wang Chunged. Ahmad Arbery prevailed posthumously in his day in court, but...

...are people sensing a trend here?

Come on man. It usually doesn't work out the way it looks in the martial arts videos.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Monkey dance turned fatal. That's social posturing and bro-ness at it's finest. One could reasonable wonder what happened before the video started. You can protect your home and curtilage with deadly force, and now-dead-dude attempting to disarm him is a forcible felony. Now-dead-dude also seems to have the advantage of size, so disparity of force issue.

Going strictly from what this chunk of video shows, I think the home owner has a pretty solid self-defense claim but is still a moron. A perhaps "lawful but awful" act. Given that this chunk won't be the entirety of the case, something could change my mind...but my initial thought is a grand jury may indict if the prosecutor leads them that way but they'll have a real rough time getting a conviction.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Circling back around to the warning shot. (or possibly bad trigger discipline because he moved his finger too soon?) I wonder if big bro had retreated if he could have had a case? I know some locales frown on warning shots. I wonder if he could have "prevailed" (e.g. Kyle gets in trouble for an unlawful discharge) if he had taken the hint and moved TF away.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I concur with BBI as normal!

Myself I would retreat inside my home and dance from there. If I were outside and wanted to get my fight on I would have went hand to hand.

He may have won but I would have left a scar he would have never forgotten.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    More plot, from the widow's social media...

This one might get national attention soon, with self-defense the hot topic of the day.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I dunno, I see two cox facing off like this, and to me it just looks like a "Mutual Combat" situation that a prosecutor would not want to get involved in. Stupidity isn't illegal.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Monkey dance turned fatal. That's social posturing and bro-ness at it's finest. One could reasonable wonder what happened before the video started. You can protect your home and curtilage with deadly force, and now-dead-dude attempting to disarm him is a forcible felony. Now-dead-dude also seems to have the advantage of size, so disparity of force issue.

Going strictly from what this chunk of video shows, I think the home owner has a pretty solid self-defense claim but is still a moron. A perhaps "lawful but awful" act. Given that this chunk won't be the entirety of the case, something could change my mind...but my initial thought is a grand jury may indict if the prosecutor leads them that way but they'll have a real rough time getting a conviction.

Monkey Dance.
    That makes me think of one of the hundred defense books I've read, can't remember the author

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Like others I believe the most interesting part of the video was the lack of concern by ANYBODY over the guy bleeding out on the front porch. Bro chest bumping is no big deal but when one bro is armed. . . . well maybe retreat IS the right option.

Top Bottom