• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Anyone recognize where Smith Enterprise's logo came from?

Shown from Shot Show.

11971310885_2247437f3e_k.jpg

It is their constitutional right to use it. It is my right to say how tasteless beyond excuse that this is. This makes those involved in the firearms industry look ignorant by association and further justifies what gun-haters usually think about gun owners.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    He is trying to correlate it with the Nazi's and the SS totenkopf verbande.....

Yes it was used by the nazi's as were lots of symbols they ripped off out of mythology and occultism and christianity.

Just because someone uses a symbol for evil does not make the symbol evil. The Swastika was a Hindu good luck symbol, Klan robes were used by priests in spain. The peace symbol is symbolic of upside crucifiction and persecution of christians by the romans,

A symbol only has the meaning you give it.

If I started a free guns and bacon program for the homeless and used that symbol as part of my logo would you consider my free no strings attached guns and bacon program to be evil?

Are Rainbows evil if you are homophobic or anti obama?

no they arent.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Perhaps OP is overreacting a wee bit.

Besides, there are plenty of legit reasons to dislike Smith. Google up his suing a customer!

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    There is only a finite way of drawing something..

500 years and 50,000,000 skulls later when someone else just picks one at random from clip art will that mean they also support the nazi's?

no...

Its a $%^n skull and cross bones.... get over it.

Im sure the british dont like the gasden flag... some dont like the stars and bars...

is this evil? A Harmless Kitty

black_panther.bmp

how about this? Some evil Klansmen

SMTTM-Cardinal-Style-8.jpg

Or this??? Nazi Child indoctrination and celebration

swastika_lead_wideweb__470x289,0.jpg

or how about this one? Who doesnt love peace

peace_4.jpg

The 1st looks like a harmless panther. its the Black Panther Party Symbol, the second is some spanish priests, not the ku klux klan, The third is not a swastika but a hindu good luck symbol, The last is not a peace sign but a teutonic rune of death.

Who used a symbol is not important as what you use it to mean today. You saw a person wearing these what would you think? Are they a Priest who like panthers, Peace and good luck or a Neo Nazi, racial suppremacy klansmen?

The uses of a symbol are not important its the current connotation and how they are used currently that matters.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    To me its like the confederate flag. According to the media and society today the confederate flag means you are a racist, bigoted homophobe. Is that what it actually means or was it portrayed that way because of a few groups that used it.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    They ripped off the Dread Pirate Roberts? Or Blackbeard? :dunno:

SS-Division Totenkopf (SS Death's Head Division) - YouTube

The Totenkopf goes beyond the symbolism of the skull and cross bones for piracy - specifically, this particular drawing was last used and made famous by it's specific design into the evolving SS and later as a symbol for the SS.

225862d1311863736-totenkopf-skull-eagle-badges-rzm-ss-marked-010.jpg

You may have been facetious about the Blackbeard reference but he did not sail under the skullhead and bones. He sailed under a full skeleton (with horns) that was holding a cup in one hand and a spear in the other pointed towards a heart. DPR also had a full skull and I am unaware of the Princess Bride version mentioning any flag. ;)

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN

Yes it was used by the nazi's as were lots of symbols they ripped off out of mythology and occultism and christianity.

Just because someone uses a symbol for evil does not make the symbol evil. The Swastika was a Hindu good luck symbol, Klan robes were used by priests in spain. The peace symbol is symbolic of upside crucifiction and persecution of christians by the romans,

If I started a free guns and bacon program for the homeless and used that symbol as part of my logo would you consider my free no strings attached guns and bacon program to be evil?

no they arent.

totenkopf_auf_hakenkreuz_1_by_themistrunsred-d5bjw4s.png

Do you think the skull here is representing a hip and cool pirate that really loves the four aspects of nature?

Symbols have no power by them selves but they are cultural referents - which of the totenkopf do you feel are most popular, globally speaking? Better yet, if you google the above skull with Google's "similar" image features, what do you think the images invoke or what kind of websites does it recommend to you?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN

Besides, there are plenty of legit reasons to dislike Smith. Google up his suing a customer!

I'm not overreacting at all. Any company that steals the exact same symbols from the Third Reich is pretty :poop: . I later read about them suing someone after seeing someone else blog about the imagery. Further proves the scumbag association to me.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    To me its like the confederate flag. According to the media and society today the confederate flag means you are a racist, bigoted homophobe. Is that what it actually means or was it portrayed that way because of a few groups that used it.

Media and society are wrong about what the confederate flag means. The confederate flag has never been a symbol intended for racism or homophobia and the Civil War was never about race.

This isn't a minority group who used the logo a few times. This is the SS who used the exact same symbol and now a firearms company is using the exact same symbol.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

This. SEI stinks. Not because of their products, they are good. They stink because they sue customers and they took money for receivers that take a year + to get them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    the Civil War was never about race.

Say what?

I think the Cornerstone of that statement is undermined by the leaders of the CSA.

The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away... Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."

Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition.

Alexander Stephens, Vice President, Confederate States of America, March 1861, speaking in Savannah, Georgia.

Cornerstone Speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point

no they arent.

Ehhhh, even if its not the nazis, the totenkopf like shown has a really long period of association with the more brutal elements of german militarism, like the Death's head Hussars, the WWI Stromtroopers, and the Freikorps in between the wars, who aside from their saving grace of smashing communists in the Baltic and west of poland with rifle butts and bullets, were almost as bad in many respects as teh SS

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Symbols....whatever, I'll leave that to the amateur historians.

I'm no SEI customer or partisan, but this running them down for the lawsuit when a person publicly posted what, in any other situation would likely be considered defamatory....time to grow up and put on the big boy pants. Words on forums (fori ?) have consequences. The guy they sued should defend himself in court with the truth of what he posted (if he can) and stop whining.

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Say what?

I think the Cornerstone of that statement is undermined by the leaders of the CSA.

The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away... Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."

Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition.

Alexander Stephens, Vice President, Confederate States of America, March 1861, speaking in Savannah, Georgia.

Cornerstone Speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and it is not either to save or destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it.” - Abraham Lincoln to Horace Greenley.

Congress resolved that the purpose of the war was not “[to interfere] with the rights or established institutions of those states,” but to preserve the Union “with the rights of the several states unimpaired.” On the day that hostilities commenced at Fort Sumter (12 April 1861), only the seven states of the Deep South had seceded, there were more slaves within the Union than outside it and Lincoln hadn’t the slightest intention to free any of them. Alexis de Tocqueville’s observation in Democracy in America (1835-40) remained true: “The prejudice of race appears to be stronger in the states that have abolished slavery than in those where it still exists.”

But back on topic. Smith still used a nazi symbol.

Top Bottom