• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    well, while talking back and forth with a friend, I think I stumbled on one of the secrets of the universe. It was so mind blowing what I came up with that I need to share it will all of you. If your married I think you will shake your head in agreemnet (when she's not looking) :):

i seriously think WOMEN want us to buy everything for them so that when they dont like it or it breaks they can blame us and b**** about it to us.

:dunno:

You're just now figuring this out? :nuts: I'm single and never been married and I've known this for years!!! :laugh::laugh:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    So true... (BTW, their loaded potato soup is really delicious!!!)

My wife is always bugging me about something to eat. I do the cooking, but I'm not really creative, I have a handful of things I cook and I don't typically venture outside of them without inspiration from an external source. Our exchanges always go like this.

Her: I'm hungry, what's for dinner?
    Me: Uh, how about xxxx?
    Her: No, we had that last week, I'm tired of that.
    Me: Uh, how about xxxx?
    Her: No
    Me: xxxx?
    Her: No
    Me: well, we don't have anything else without getting xxx out of the freezer
    Her: We have lots of stuff, just look.
    Me: You tell me what you want and I'll make it; anything at all that we both like.
    Her: Idk, just make something
    Me: xxxx ok?
    Her: No, make something else.
    Me: how about xxxx?
    Her: No, something else.
    Me: uh, I'm out of ideas, just give me an idea or something and I'll make it.
    Her: Idk... you're good at cooking you come up with something.
    Me: uh, I'm good at cooking, but not good at coming up with thing to cook...
    Her: me either...
    Me: then you'll just be happy with whatever I make?
    Her: I'll just go to walmart and buy something to eat
    Me: You're going to make a special trip to Walmart (20 minute drive) just because you don't like my ideas for dinner and you can't come up with anything you like?
    Her: Yeah, love you, bye.

:wallbash:

No wonder she burns through 3 times the amount of gas than me even though she only drives 5 miles to work and I drive 20.

Exactly... Also.... why is it women never seem to be able grasp fuel cost/efficiency/maintenance? Why can't they fill their cars up before the light (What I refer to as an idiot indicator) telling them they are about to be stranded comes on?

Seriously I fill my truck up before it even smells the 1/4 tank line usually. She has a 4 cylinder nissan altima with a 16 gallon tank and can't seem to stop for gas untill the range indicator says -- and the needles been on E for 10 miles. It pisses me off that she's sucking all the gunk up off the bottom of the tank... every damn tank!!:xmad::xmad:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Exactly... Also.... why is it women never seem to be able grasp fuel cost/efficiency/maintenance? Why can't they fill their cars up before the light (What I refer to as an idiot indicator) telling them they are about to be stranded comes on?

Seriously I fill my truck up before it even smells the 1/4 tank line usually. She has a 4 cylinder nissan altima with a 16 gallon tank and can't seem to stop for gas untill the range indicator says -- and the needles been on E for 10 miles. It pisses me off that she's sucking all the gunk up off the bottom of the tank... every damn tank!!:xmad::xmad:
    I think we may have married the same woman....

Just a couple weeks ago my wife said she needed gas in her car. I always tell her to avoid buying it at the station by our house if she can help it because they're always about $.15 more than the station she drives by everyday for work. Well, she knew she was running extremely low, but was running late for her first job in the morning so didn't have time. Then she had an hour to get home, change, and get to her next job, so rather than just stop and put a little gas in, she pushed her luck, and her luck ran out. Rather than be 5 minute late to her 2nd job because she stopped to get gas, she was a half hour late because she ran out, so I had to drive 15 minutes to take gas to her and then wait for it to trickle in through the stupid carb compliant nozzle.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I think we may have married the same woman....

Just a couple weeks ago my wife said she needed gas in her car. I always tell her to avoid buying it at the station by our house if she can help it because they're always about $.15 more than the station she drives by everyday for work. Well, she knew she was running extremely low, but was running late for her first job in the morning so didn't have time. Then she had an hour to get home, change, and get to her next job, so rather than just stop and put a little gas in, she pushed her luck, and her luck ran out. Rather than be 5 minute late to her 2nd job because she stopped to get gas, she was a half hour late because she ran out, so I had to drive 15 minutes to take gas to her and then wait for it to trickle in through the stupid carb compliant nozzle.

Well, mines never actually run out... but she's been on fumes before.... maybe they are cousins? :D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    my wife cant cook. i swear I keep all the local restaurants in business.

im not a bad cook at all, and I enjoy it. but my wife never likes what I cook. I could make something she chose and she wouldnt like it. I could go buy a hamburger from shallos restaurant (best burgers) and tell her I made it and she wouldnt like it. She drives me nuts. Thats why we eat out every damn day. and then i also get into the whole: "where do you wanna eat?" I dont care. well how about BW3's? "no, i dont want that" <<even though its a favorite. what about red lobster, all you can eat shrimp? (as my daughter is saying yes yes yes, in the background), "no we had that last week." UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! choose then woman!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My wife does the majority of the Cooking and Washing. Everything except for my Military stuff, she refuses to clean my Uniforms...

However, she has been fuming for years it seems like. I am still waiting on her tank to run out...

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    also, she never eats all she orders, so she takes it home, put it in the fridge. then after about 2 days when i dont see it gone, i eat it rather than throw it out. SHE ALWAYS, says wheres my leftover ....... ?

ummmmmm, i ate it.

"i was gonna eat that. "

oh realy? because i just threw out last weeks leftovers.

"nevermind. thanks!"

they will never let you win, even when you are obviously victorious.
    women are like government. a neccesary evil. that can at times be pleasant.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    This I can relate to. How can the restaurant we eat at be such a problem? 29 years and she has never picked.

:D :D :D

ME - "Where do you want to eat?"

HER - "Oh, I don't care...you pick"

ME - "Ok, how about Fridays?"

HER - "Eww. NO! I hate that place!"

ME - ":wallbash: "

Just happened 5 minutes ago!

Me: "What do you want to eat?"

Her: "Anything sounds good."

Me: "How about this?"

Her: "I just had that yesterday. No."

:n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Don't get me wrong WB, I cannot imagine my life without my Wife in it...

Just 8 Years of Marriage and 5 years of Deployments, well, it gets strained a little...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I am go in going to go against the grain and say that I am absolutely still head over heels for my wife. I love her. Do we argue? You bet. I don't want to imagine life without her.
    I don't think any of us are saying we don't love our wives. I love my wife and I would die for her; but sometimes it just doesn't make sense...

I think this is more about how women are so hard to figure out sometimes.

When my wife ran out of gas. I never once complained about going to take her gas. She knew what she did, and she didn't want to hear about how she screwed up. But we're discussing the "why" of the screw-up. Why can't they decide what they want for dinner? Why do they run until their car is completely out of gas, just because they don't want to take time to fill it up?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    my wife cant cook. i swear I keep all the local restaurants in business.

im not a bad cook at all, and I enjoy it. but my wife never likes what I cook. I could make something she chose and she wouldnt like it.

:+1:, but my wife can cook... ok. I can cook, but when I cook, I like flavor. I like spices. And I like it cooked INTO the food, not just sitting on top. So it's either, cook with twice as much cookware, or just suffer. I usually just suffer. She doesn't like flavor AT ALL. :n00b: So usually, I make her cook so there's no argument. :) If she doesn't feel like cooking, we make my mom cook. :):

Give her a C-note and she'll complain it isn't in twenties ...

If I gave my wife a C-note she'd faint.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Well, mine isn't materalistic either...BUT...I THINK the secret is that they don't want to make the DECISIONS when it comes to buying things. That way they can blame YOU and say "ha ha your fault" :p
    BINGO! I have never got a full blown decision outta my wife, just plenty of whining after the fact.

We could stumble through the Sahara for 3 days, without water, and if I said "look, a river" she'd say "well we can go over to it if you want" just in case the water is poisoned, and we die from drinking it.

Top Bottom