Searching for morels in a free fire zone.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Went to the dog park @ Eagle Creek yesterday. It was early and no one was there. I decided to look for morels in a place where folks shouldn't go. I've lived a long rewarding life (for the most part). Me and the canines found a hole in the fence and searched for awhile. Since I never find the elusive fungi the sound of gunfire added excitement to the chase. Besides, the lads are learning combat readiness. I found a garter snake, 2 purple Unicorns, 6 four leaf clovers, a 2lb truffle, Jimmy Hoffa's stiff remains, deep mud, but none of the chambered domed delicacy. Police do the shooting during the week. I trust their aim more than weekends. And there is that berm. And I was not real close or directly behind the berm. Btw, the 9mm vs the 45 cal is bogus. They hurt equally when the errant rounds fall from the trees and hit you on the head. I am guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the court. But at least i can cross that off my bucket list, As well as walking thru a NYC subway tunnel @ 2am.

p.s at least I was unarmed....

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Thought the thread was interesting when I misread the title to be "Searching for morals in a free fire zone." :)

Kewl nonetheless.

I will admit that I would have been VERY reluctant to go searching accompanied by the sound of live fire. Would've waited for the lunch/donut break. :D

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Searching for MORALS in a free fire zone.

I don't believe in killing things, especially my fellow man and not for property. If my fellow man is trying to kill me I feel justified in responding in whatever manner works. There ya go!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Was told by Guy that one of the biggest herd of deer live behind that berm. And they are not gunshy...

They used to. The city paid an outfit from out of state to come in and wipe them out. I did see two does this morning but they aren't there like they used to be.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Went to the dog park @ Eagle Creek yesterday. It was early and no one was there. I decided to look for morels in a place where folks shouldn't go. I've lived a long rewarding life (for the most part). Me and the canines found a hole in the fence and searched for awhile. Since I never find the elusive fungi the sound of gunfire added excitement to the chase. Besides, the lads are learning combat readiness. I found a garter snake, 2 purple Unicorns, 6 four leaf clovers, a 2lb truffle, Jimmy Hoffa's stiff remains, deep mud, but none of the chambered domed delicacy. Police do the shooting during the week. I trust their aim more than weekends. And there is that berm. And I was not real close or directly behind the berm. Btw, the 9mm vs the 45 cal is bogus. They hurt equally when the errant rounds fall from the trees and hit you on the head. I am guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the court. But at least i can cross that off my bucket list, As well as walking thru a NYC subway tunnel @ 2am.

p.s at least I was unarmed....

I do feel a bit of an obligation to warn you not to go in there again. You wouldn't be the first to be arrested in that patch of woods.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I do feel a bit of an obligation to warn you not to go in there again. You wouldn't be the first to be arrested in that patch of woods.

Trespassing? Suicide by police? I would risk it for a morel. It would be such a magical experience for me to find one, followed by a not so pleasant one. If yer not living on the edge you're taking up too much space. OK, never again.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Trespassing? Suicide by police? I would risk it for a morel. It would be such a magical experience for me to find one, followed by a not so pleasant one. If yer not living on the edge you're taking up too much space. OK, never again.

It is trespassing and you could be arrested and there is a (remote) chance you could get hit by a round but more importantly, that patch of ground is an EPA super fund site. On top of all of that lead in the ground, the water is contaminated with bacteria and has been for years. The range is on a well and we warn officers every day not to drink the water from the faucets. I can't imagine a mushroom growing in there being safe to eat.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There was a hen turkey walking around a few weeks ago. Several of my guys got phone pics of her on their way in to work. No gobblers though (unless they're mute).

Top Bottom