• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Requiring vaccines for school is a means to ensure a healthy adult population.
    1) That is not government's job.

2) Freedom trumps health.

3) Vaccines may be responsible for rises in other degenerative organ diseases, autoimmune disorders, and nervous disorders.

No vaccine is 100% effective.
    Weren't you just chastising Irishfan because he questioned the effectiveness of vaccines?

Unvaccinated kids benefit from "herd immunity" thanks to all us parents who vaccinate their kids.
    They also benefit from an immune system that has not been suppressed with chemicals and toxins.

I wonder what the religious objections would be if you were stationed in the Phillapenes, Panama, Kenya, etc...
    Their trip, their problem. Not government's concern or yours.

We allow our kids to not be vaccinated because in the US so many kids ARE vaccinated that the prevalence of the diseases is lower and we have a health system that can support an ill child.
    We are "allowed" to choose because WE own our bodies, not the State.

I'm not confiscating anything of yours. I feel kids in public school should be vaccinated as a way to protect the public. If parents disagree, then there are plenty of private schools and homeschool options available.
    Making someone pay for public school and then violating their rights if they choose to attend, is terrible policy and unconstitutional.

I also think we should have shook vouchers so you don't ave to double pay for an education if you choose homeschool or private. See, no confiscation.
    Don't forget to people without children keep their money too. Hell, just abolish public schools and we won't need to debate this topic. Until that happens their will always be confiscation.

I'll just let this die rather than make more people upset
    I have been upset since vaccines almost killed my sister. But I welcome the debate.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have seen the results of not vaccinating kids, and both of our kids are getting the vaccines. Show me proof of kids becoming autistic from injections, and I'll show you proof of it being worth the risk :)

BTW, I am neither trying to push or dissuade the issue, just saying that I understand both sides of the argument and was fully researched before I signed the release for my boys' vaccinations.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No, no they don't...

Small Pox might not currently be something of a worry here in the US of A, however there are places those words is spoken with complete fear...

They are still spoken with fear at places like CDC, NIH, etc. They know that with a sizable population in the US that is now unvaccinated against it, smallpox would kill a sizable part of the herd before they could ramp up the mass vaccinations.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If we are going to talk about smallpox then lets examine the myths and see if we can break our conditioning that keeps us afraid for our lives.

Five Myths About Smallpox
    Myth 1: Smallpox Is Highly Contagious

Myth 2: Smallpox Is Easily Spread By Casual Contact With An Infected Person

Myth #3: The Death Rate From Smallpox Is 30 percent

Myth #4: There Is No Treatment For Smallpox

Myth #5: The Vaccine Will Keep Me From Getting The Infection

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    We don't vaccinate. And I'm not sure how school officials could bully us. I know our doctor does. We just smile, lie and say "religion".

If you search, you can find docs who are not vax pushers and even some (GASP!) who are anti-vax without compelling need....why keep giving him your $$$?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    How many people in the 21st century have gotten smallpox?
    As of Today I believe there are no cases of Smallpox in the 21st Century, I'll have to some digging to confirm this though. If I remember correctly the last "Natural
    Case of Smallpox was in 1977...

However Smallpox killed roughly 500 million People in the 20th Century...

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Do you live alone in a cabin in the woods? Do you grow you own food, make your own clothing and generate all your own power?

Seeing as your on the internet im going with the assumption that the answer to at least most of those is a "no." In exchange for the things society brings, you get to follow its rules/conventions. One of those is "vaccines are good and necessary," as it is a belief held by the majority. Unless you are 100% independent "Don't tread on me" is little more that the sputtering of a petulant child. In real life you can't play by your own rules while using other peoples toys.

Almost no one has ever been completely self-sufficient. Research the concept of division of labor.

That said, is your position really that if you wish to trade freely you must bow to whatever dictates of force 50% + 1 of representatives can be convinced to vote for?

I hear that Russia is getting Putin back, there might still be time for you to get a ticket :laugh:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not many, since most of us have access to indoor plumbing, anti-bacterial soap, clean standards of living, & knowledge of how viruses commute.

None since 1978 in the world. US was 1949. Most of the things you list above were not that common in large areas of the country and still not common in much of the third world, so you are spreading disinformation as usual. The mass vaccinations is what put down smallpox.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    So if you had the smallpox vaccine you'd be cool hanging around in close quarters with a bunch of people with smallpox?

Sad to see the public school thing. Wish I wasn't wrong on that one.

Regardless of his stance, based on your previous statement, you should have no concern, due to your obvious faith in their efficacy :n00b:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Almost no one has ever been completely self-sufficient. Research the concept of division of labor.
    Exactly my point. No-one is ever completely self-sufficient, and no-one is every completely "free." Those who clame to be are more slaved to their ideas than anyone else.

That said, is your position really that if you wish to trade freely you must bow to whatever dictates of force 50% + 1 of representatives can be convinced to vote for?
    Basically. Thats kinda what already happens now, so its not really all that far to go for my position.

I hear that Russia is getting Putin back, there might still be time for you to get a ticket :laugh:
    Tempting, really.

Vaccines are a good thing. Anyone who has made a study of pandemics will tell you the same thing. If you want to play fast and loose with your health thats fine by me, but thank God someone is stepping in to make sure you can't with your kids.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    As of Today I believe there are no cases of Smallpox in the 21st Century, I'll have to some digging to confirm this though. If I remember correctly the last "Natural
    Case of Smallpox was in 1977...

However Smallpox killed roughly 500 million People in the 20th Century...

Reference?

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    None since 1978 in the world. US was 1949. Most of the things you list above were not that common in large areas of the country and still not common in much of the third world, so you are spreading disinformation as usual. The mass vaccinations is what put down smallpox.

Teapot calling the kettle black.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Reference?
    Mannfred Hollinger, Introduction to Pharmacology: Half a billion people worldwide in the 20th C.
    John Campbell, Campbell's Physiology Notes for Nurses: smallpox killed 300 million in the 20th Century.
    Michael Oldstone, Viruses, Plagues, and History: 300M
    Albert Marrin, Dr. Jenner and the Speckled Monster: 300M

Top Bottom