• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    Has anyone shot or used any of these handguns? I only ask because they are super cheap and I assume that they suck, but I was just curious.

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Not sure if that's the 1 my buddy got his wife but I know it's that brand had a doa trigger in it. She could barely pull it

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I have one. It has a rough trigger, I think SCCY claims it is a easy 12 lbs trigger pull. There are some trigger kits to help with this. I have the one from mcarbo, but I haven't had a chance to put it in.

So far at the range the pistol has taken EVERY type of ammo I have thrown at it including some steel case. It is fairly accurate at short ranges, I wouldn't use it beyond 7 yards (21 feet).

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Long, heavy, DOA trigger, yes.
    Eats everything you put in it, YES.

Learn the trigger and you'll be fine.
    Mine has been in the safe for sometime now. I actually started shooting steel matches with it years ago before getting serious.
    Are there better, sure. Are there better for the money, hmmm. Call around to see if you can rent one.
    Gotta go.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My wife has one. Trigger isn't the best. Actually it's pretty bad but it does get better with some dry fire.
    Think of it as a DA revolver trigger.

But it hasn't had a malfunction. She can hit what she's aiming at with it.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Ha! Not Dead On Arrival trigger.
    DAO. Sorry 'bout that.
    As far as the trigger pull, there are those that will argue in favor of it as a safety factor when the adrenaline of a fight takes over.
    I was newer to Carry back then and liked this idea. I also liked that the gun will restrike as many times as you pull the trigger.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ha! Not Dead On Arrival trigger.
    DAO. Sorry 'bout that.
    As far as the trigger pull, there are those that will argue in favor of it as a safety factor when the adrenaline of a fight takes over.
    I was newer to Carry back then and liked this idea. I also liked that the gun will restrike as many times as you pull the trigger.
    My safety is my finger unless I'm carrying my 1911. I wonder if that is actually needed with proper discipline?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    It's basically a copy pf the Kel-Tec P-11, has a little better trigger than the p11 (I say that based on my brothers gun), I've owned several KT's, so I'm biased (I like them) Most people on here would say save up some money and buy a better brand, but to each, his own. If you like it buy it, as someone said, try to rent one at a range and see how you like it, good luck!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It's basically a copy pf the Kel-Tec P-11, has a little better trigger than the p11 (I say that based on my brothers gun), I've owned several KT's, so I'm biased (I like them) Most people on here would say save up some money and buy a better brand, but to each, his own. If you like it buy it, as someone said, try to rent one at a range and see how you like it, good luck!
    At the price point I'll buy it play with it, then if it's good and reliable pass it on as a gift.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Mine has a long smooth trigger. I don t know the weight but it is fine. Like any pistol, I would never consider trigger work until its been dry fired thousands of times. Mine does not need trigger work and is totally reliable.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don’t recall any more problems out of the SCCY’s than any other new gun that customers brought in when I worked at the range. Only one I remember being an issue was non functional right out of the box.

Actually far fewer issues with the SCCY than the Kimber micro 9 or whatever they called that piece of crap.

Top Bottom