• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It could have ended with him dying and it would have been a great life lesson for others who might consider the same "prank"!

On a related note there was video floating around recently of a bunch of *******s that dressed up in the traditional arab robes and headgear and running into places showing "Aloha Snackbar" as someone said upstream, and then tossing a backpack into a restaurant or other crowded area and then running out. They thought it was funny as hell, personally I never saw the punch line; one or all of them being perforated multiple times with JHP!

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    It could have ended with him dying and it would have been a great life lesson for others who might consider the same "prank"!

On a related note there was video floating around recently of a bunch of *******s that dressed up in the traditional arab robes and headgear and running into places showing "Aloha Snackbar" as someone said upstream, and then tossing a backpack into a restaurant or other crowded area and then running out. They thought it was funny as hell, personally I never saw the punch line; one or all of them being perforated multiple times with JHP!

That was in Australia, which is why they survived the experience. They were arrested some months ago.

I had thought about posting something on this. Who here would have shot him if you had been there? Given the totality of the circumstances, (middle eastern, on the counter, shouting about allah, has backpack) I believe I would have drawn and done my best to put him down and that bothers me since it turns out he was simply a drunken dumbass that should have stuck with the tenets of his religion.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Definitely A scary situation. you don't get to sit back and watch that in slow motion later.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Definitely A scary situation. you don't get to sit back and watch that in slow motion later.

That depends. A few weeks ago, we had a middle eastern man come into our front lobby exclaiming "Islam, Islam!" The poor front desk gal (recalling the situation to me later), said she thought she was a goner. Come to find out the guy was a witness to a crime, coming in for an interview. He didn't speak English, and his name was "Islam." He had a black bag with him. If I had of been there, at the very least, I would've drawn down on him. I'm glad I wasn't there.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That depends. A few weeks ago, we had a middle eastern man come into our front lobby exclaiming "Islam, Islam!" The poor front desk gal (recalling the situation to me later), said she thought she was a goner. Come to find out the guy was a witness to a crime, coming in for an interview. He didn't speak English, and his name was "Islam." He had a black bag with him. If I had of been there, at the very least, I would've drawn down on him. I'm glad I wasn't there.
    In your front lobby where there are no doubt multiple cameras. The situation you described sounds like a good reason to unholster your weapon. The people who get the play at back-and-forth a frame at a time Will say you're a hater and everything else.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    With recent events it sounds like a good enough reason to draw to me, I probably would have. Does anyone know, are you allowed to carry in establishments that serve alcohol in Iowa? Wonder if this played into the scenario of nobody having a weapon?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Come to find out the guy was a witness to a crime, coming in for an interview. He didn't speak English, and his name was "Islam." ...

Perhaps a little heads up from whoever scheduled the interview would have been nice. How did the think this was going to unfold and how did they expect the front desk gal to handle the non-English speaker, irrespective of his language and name?

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    With all the recent events of mass murders occurring while islamic words have been yelled, I think it is unrealistic to expect people not to shoot a guy yelling that same thing in a crowded place. I can't say I wouldn't have at least drawn on him....which makes me a little nervous because I would instantly become a criminal because some idiot thought it would be funny to mimic a terrorist.

It would be horrible to shoot someone for yelling that only to find out he was just a drunken idiot, however, I would think it would be equally as bad to not shoot and then he detonates his bomb killing who knows how many.

In this day and age, people need to realize there are some things you just can't say if you don't want to get shot.

Top Bottom