• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had to go to Lafayette for a meeting this morning, which usually sucks. Anyways, while coming up on Logansport my car runs out of gas. (Please, I don't need any lectures about being prepared and all, I know!) So I hike it a mile to the closest gas station. I stopped in to ask the cashier if I could use a gas can, but she just smirks at me and says I need to leave a $5 cash deposit. I don't carry cash, only plastic! So as I head out I see this guy getting in his car, so I run up to him to see if I can somehow borrow some money from him, and the next thing I know I'm staring down the barrel of a Glock! I back off and he takes off out of there. Scared the crap out of me, that's for sure! Should I have done something different? Called the cops? Shave my dirty 'stache?

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Don't run up to anyone at a gas station, atm, etc.

It is not uncommon for robberies or carjackings to occur in such places, and running up on a prepared person may not end favorably. A slower approach might help tremendously.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Hmm, not sure I would have run up on someone to ask for money. Put yourself in his shoes...and you may have reacted the same way. He did not know your intentions. Plus, many gas stations now have ATM machines...I'm assuming this one did not? :dunno:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Perhaps if you look like your avatar, maybe he thought it was a....

barackbar.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    "Give me your money and i wont hurt you"......

I would not spoof this interaction if it happened as the other OP stated. I didn't read the thread though, just his post. I would be prepared to draw on a guy who runs up and says that.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    I had to go to Lafayette for a meeting this morning, which usually sucks. Anyways, while coming up on Logansport my car runs out of gas. (Please, I don't need any lectures about being prepared and all, I know!) So I hike it a mile to the closest gas station. I stopped in to ask the cashier if I could use a gas can, but she just smirks at me and says I need to leave a $5 cash deposit. I don't carry cash, only plastic! So as I head out I see this guy getting in his car, so I run up to him to see if I can somehow borrow some money from him, and the next thing I know I'm staring down the barrel of a Glock! I back off and he takes off out of there. Scared the crap out of me, that's for sure! Should I have done something different? Called the cops? Shave my dirty 'stache?

So... this gas station doesn't have a ATM machine?

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    OK my thread about not getting robbed and winning 25 dollars on a scratch off gets shut down and you get away with this. I am not saying the mods are playing favorites or anything.

Top Bottom