• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    I recently happened upon a reasonably priced SCAR 20 (read: gently used 2010 Honda Civic) and I'm looking into the optics department. I don't really mind spending to get what I'm after, but I'm looking for some scar proofed optics that don't rely on the golden warranty to be that way. (Cough vortex Cough)
    I've previously owned a 16s, but I just threw an acog on it and moved on. This is slightly a longer range affair.
    What I'm after is a variable up to 10x or 12x (LPVO is preferred)
    MIL/MIL reticle/turrets, Milrad reticle, Excellent tracking and durability with an emphasis on durability.
    I'm aware that the 1-10x gen 3 HD razor is available, but I'm not certain it's actually scar capable compared to a cheaper nightforce etc.
    Any experience would be appreciated and thanks!
    Keeping things in the $2000 area or below if we can get there would also be appreciated.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    Elcan is probably your best option for a 17 imo, they're built like a tank and will hold up to the 17 perfectly. It's almost like they were built for them... I've also seen a lot of people using Nightforce with good results too.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    Alright, after reading about the higher power elcan, I'm unconvinced it is the proper optic for me. Any other advice for a higher power optic around 10x would be appreciated.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    tiW5o4Ph.jpg

I really like my Trijicon Accupower 1-8 (now Credo) you can even get some pretty good deals on them currently. That being said I would get the Vortex 1-10 it sounds perfect for this application and I have yet to hear anyone say they are bad scopes .

Top Bottom