• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Biometrics are dicey at best, and ineffective at worst. I will keep my old school firearms.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Biometrics are dicey at best, and ineffective at worst. I will keep my old school firearms.

This is akin to the new trend in auto and appliance manufacturing. Everything doesn't have to be electric and "smart". I try not to be too much of a tin-foil hat guy, but eventually we'll get to the point where the government can just ask Meta or Google to shut off your car, your house, and your guns as a means to make you to comply.

Gravyman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fishers
    Just another way for democrats to add regulations to the firearms industry to try to exert more control over them and make guns harder to manufacture and more expensive and out of reach to buy. It's the new magazine disconnect / loaded chamber indicator. But a billion times worse. I don't mind an LCI, but I'll never own a gun with a magazine disconnect and will never ever own a "smart" gun.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    It's like the Onstar system on GM cars and trucks, before Obama, it was advertised as a means of help in emergencies, but after Obama was elected, they showed an ad where the Onstar system could be used to "shut" down the vehicle if it's stolen...but the implication, to me, is that they can shut it down when they want......."you will comply"....

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    And when the AI take over Meta, Google, the onstar call center, etc. I've seen too many movies come to pass lately.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    This is akin to the new trend in auto and appliance manufacturing. Everything doesn't have to be electric and "smart". I try not to be too much of a tin-foil hat guy, but eventually we'll get to the point where the government can just ask Meta or Google to shut off your car, your house, and your guns as a means to make you to comply.
    To make you comply, or simply to eliminate you.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

My last two employers installed secure biometric devices we had to use to clock in and out. I was able to successfully use it a total of 5 times, even after having IT repeatedly try to get it to work.

When I've tried the biometrics on my phone, it worked about half the time.

They can keep the electronics away from my firearms. When government-controlled technology works, it's bad. But if we depend on it for our lives, we're screwed.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

If everything in your car is controlled, all they have to do is lock you in, and have your car deliver you to the police station.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Why not just make a robot that can shoot the gun, then they can program it to destroy our enemies… until it becomes self aware :faint:

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Just another way for democrats to add regulations to the firearms industry to try to exert more control over them and make guns harder to manufacture and more expensive and out of reach to buy. It's the new magazine disconnect / loaded chamber indicator. But a billion times worse. I don't mind an LCI, but I'll never own a gun with a magazine disconnect and will never ever own a "smart" gun.
    My Ruger Mark IV HAD a disconnect. It stopped doing its job right after I got it.
    But that was in the time before my tragic boat accident...

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Safety equipment - which defensive firearms are - should be as simple, reliable, and foolproof as possible. Would we put biometric auth on a fire extinguisher, or an AED? Nonsense.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I wont even consider it until they find away for those scaners to scan through blood or water. I dont want that thing locking me out just because i took a shower.

Top Bottom