• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Stopped by a friend's business (Hoosier Arms in Bowling Green, IN) yesterday evening. He still had a couple of .22LR Mossberg Tactical similar to M4s ($325 if I remember correctly), a couple (literally) high capacity magazines, a couple of stripper clip fed wooden rifles rifles with bayonets I did not look too closely at, and several nice pistols. A nice Ruger revolver as well with an 8" barrel.

Just passing along. He has not raised his prices to gouge, he has kept his same mark-up and based his prices on the wholesale cost to him.

Guy bought 100 rounds of .223 while I was there. He had a little bit more. He had a good amount of 9mm, 38 spec, and some other stuff.

He ordered some reloading stuff for me, cheaper than I can buy on-line for what I wanted.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Stopped by a friend's business (Hoosier Arms in Bowling Green, IN) yesterday evening. He still had a couple of .22LR Mossberg Tactical similar to M4s ($325 if I remember correctly), a couple (literally) high capacity magazines, a couple of stripper clip fed wooden rifles rifles with bayonets I did not look too closely at, and several nice pistols. A nice Ruger revolver as well with an 8" barrel.

Just passing along. He has not raised his prices to gouge, he has kept his same mark-up and based his prices on the wholesale cost to him.

Guy bought 100 rounds of .223 while I was there. He had a little bit more. He had a good amount of 9mm, 38 spec, and some other stuff.

He ordered some reloading stuff for me, cheaper than I can buy on-line for what I wanted.

Sounds like a solid company to do business with. Kudos to the owner. :)

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Pass up the Mossberg Tactical .22

I had one and it was a POS. Cheap, badly designed, problematic.

Save your money and get a real .22 tactical rifle. One that is based upon a real AR design. Not a shell with a .22 plinker inserted.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Pass up the Mossberg Tactical .22

I had one and it was a POS. Cheap, badly designed, problematic.

Save your money and get a real .22 tactical rifle. One that is based upon a real AR design. Not a shell with a .22 plinker inserted.

This. Compare side by side with the M&P15-22 or Colt version and you will see the Moss is just made to look like one. Charging handle along with the upper/lower design is just molded plastic. The guts are the same as the 702 plinkster that you can get for 1/3 the cost.

I have an M&P15-22 and couldn't be happier.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Agreed. I sold my Mossberg 22 about 2 weeks after buying it and quickly replaced it with a S&W M&P 15-22. Best decision I could have made.

At least Mossberg got it right with the MMR Tactical 5.56 :)

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I agree with everyone on the MP 15/22. I have one and it is a tack driver. Not much more then the Mossberg and has 25 round mags vs the Mossberg 10 rounders. I have seen some of the MP 15/22 around, even now, (I think Blythes still has 1 or 2) and is one of, if not the best 22 I have shot.

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    More luck than we've had up here in Jasper county. Went to Walmart looking for 22lr, they had next to nothing, and no bulk packs. Bought the last two 100 round WWB's in town ;)

TwinTurbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Under pressure with two snails
    I never knew there was a gun shop in Bowling Green, IN. My long time friend from High School lives about two blocks from Hoosier Arms (per Google Maps), and I'm heading down there this weekend. Looking forward to checking it out and crossing my fingers for some .223.

TwinTurbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Under pressure with two snails
    I stopped by Hoosier Arms yesterday and picked up a 32rd magazine and 50rd drum for my daughter's 10/22. The owner and who I'm assuming is his wife were very friendly, and I will definitely swing by there again when I'm in the area. I didn't have too much time to look around but I did spot a G26 for a fair price.

Top Bottom