Saw Josh Bleill speak today. Who is Josh Bleill?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I had not heard of this individual (shame on me) until a few weeks ago. My employer offered tickets to witness this individual speak. It was sponsored by our Veterans Affinity and Special Needs Affinity groups at work. I initially glazed over it because I thought it was merely Colts related and I care nothing for sports. The tail end of the blurb mentioning him was that he sustained serious injuries while serving in Iraq. Because I love my country, I wanted to hear what this man said. I have never served in the military nor could I ever but I owe it to him and others to hear his story.

Mr. Bleill decided to serve our country by joining the Marines after September 11, 2001. While serving, his Humvee was attacked by a roadside IED. Some perished, Josh lost his legs, broke his nose, fingers and had several pins put into his hip. He was in a coma. The driver, miraculously remained unscathed.

Mr. Bleill woke up in a different country and knew something was wrong. According to the story, he asked how others were doing before asking about his own personal condition. A sign of a selfless man. I say that being a Hoosier gave him this insight.

He spent months staying in the hospital recovering and avoided the public. He was known for saying "no" to all of the trips that disabled vets are often given to help with rehab and healing. Finally, a member of his unit stopped by and asked if he would like to go to the Superbowl in Miami to see the Colts play (and ultimately win).

He said yes and from there, the healing process for him began. He learned to walk again uses prosthesis

After learning to walk again, he had some pain in his legs. He went to the doctor and received some pretty terrible news.

He had to have an additional section of his legs amputated.

Can you imagine the frustration? I would have quit. I would have said fark it and given up but this man decided to pursue life and tackle things head on. I believe he said he spent another 22 months re-cooperating and learning to walk for a THIRD time.

During his rehab, he worked out at a gym that the owner of the Colts also attended. Their paths crossed and he was eventually offered a job as a Community Spokesman.

Guys, I'm not one for sentiments nor am I an especially emotional person but to hear this man's story is quite remarkable. He made allusions to his faith, without being preachy. It's clear that this man has found his calling in his life and it was only met through tragedy. I meet some of the most bitter individuals who have no reason to be bitter. I meet this man who has every reason to curse the sky and those around him. Yes, there was a struggle. But there is also a man who has perspective that likely none of us will ever grasp.

He's served his country, he continues to serve his community. Please, if you get the chance to listen to Mr. Bleill speak, do it. I'd gladly pay to see him. Not sure if he drinks, but this many should never have to buy a beer again. Ever.

head2.jpg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    About 30 of my students honored him with projects thanking him for his service and sacrifice. He came to the school to speak and be presented with their projects. It was very moving and heartening to see that these kids really get it. I think Josh was moved, too, especially by the quality of the kids' work and by an original song a 7th grade girl wrote and performed for him with her friend. He autographed copies of his book for them. You could really see they treasured them. It was one of the best moments I've witnessed in my career.

These same kids won a $50,000 grant to beautify our campus. Part of their winning proposal is to create a veteran's memorial garden for fallen heroes from our community. They'll be inviting Josh back for the dedication when it is completed in a year or two.

This guy is a real hero and represents our country with Grace and class. He really connects with teens, too.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    He's a Greenfield native. I don't know him personally, but every single person I've ever known who has met him has been similarly impressed by him.

Top Bottom