• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I have a MkII BV (lamiante stock, heavy barrel). It shoots great, and the price was right. I have it scoped with a BSA Platinum Target and it will shoot 1/2" groups all day (50 yards) and I have shot a few groups in the 0.3" range

The only thing I don't like is that I can't go below 3# on the trigger. I would like to get it down to 1# or less. I think that is the only thing keeping it from being a 1/4" rifle. At 24x power on the scope I can watch the crosshairs move as I'm pulling the trigger.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I can't wait to see how you like it. I am thinking about building one up for my son that looks a lot like my Remington 700 Tacticals. I hope it shoots as good as it looks! If it is not too nosey, could you pm me the price? Thanks!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a MKIIFV, and love it. It's way more accurate them I'm. I see the MSRP is $469? What prices, have you guys found. That's a little steep, I think for a .22LR! Now if it was a .22MWR, that would be nice.

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    I see the MSRP is $469? What prices, have you guys found. That's a little steep, I think for a .22LR! Now if it was a .22MWR, that would be nice.[/quote]

$409.00 plus tax is what I paid.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I paid $235 for by Mark II BV (standard laminate stock). It was $35 more than the composite stock, and well worth it.

Another $200 for a "tactical" stock is madness.

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    Just got my rifle back from having the barrel threaded. Had the barrel cut and used the end as the thread protector. Turned out very nice I think. Will be mounting the scope this weekend.
    002-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The only savage mark II i have shot was a talo mako shark version. Interesting rifle. I think he paid 450 plus ship, ffl and tax. I does look like a shark. It shot well but felt weird since I am a lever action guy at heart not much of a bolt fan outside of groundhog guns.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    The only thing I don't like is that I can't go below 3# on the trigger. I would like to get it down to 1# or less. I think that is the only thing keeping it from being a 1/4" rifle. At 24x power on the scope I can watch the crosshairs move as I'm pulling the trigger.[/quote]

If you cut one coil off the trigger spring you should get very close to the one pound that you are looking for. Did that to mine and have had no problems after a 1000 rounds.

Forgot to say, but the spring is cone shaped, cut the coil from the large end.

Last edited:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Is that the factory bolt handle? I just replaced the handle on mine last week with a teardrop aluminum one and like it much better. I really like the looks of the stock and hope to be able to find one for sale to swap out on my MKII BV

Doug K

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    Is that the factory bolt handle? I just replaced the handle on mine last week with a teardrop aluminum one and like it much better. I really like the looks of the stock and hope to be able to find one for sale to swap out on my MKII BV

Doug K

Yes, bolt handle comes factory. I am told you can buy the stock from Boyds. They make it for Savage.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Thanks, I read elsewhere that Boyds has the stock, but I checked their website and they didnt' even show any Savage .22 stocks. Maybe I just missed them. I'll keep my eyes open.

Doug K

Top Bottom