• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I wouldn't put it past them to have some obscure state law in place no one knows about. Otherwise, they'll just make something up and run with it to see what happens.

I seem to recall there have been two incidents over the years down at Knob Creek resulting in deaths on the firing line. As I recall, neither were shootings, but both were weapon mounts that broke allowing the weapon system to dislodge during firing. The resulting machinery falling on or hitting the shooters resulted in fatal injuries. I don't remember all the details, but I'm sure it hit the news somewhere if someone has the time to search.

Tinman....

From MSNBC: (would like to see some confirmation, in statute, of this assertion):

It is legal in Massachusetts for children to fire a weapon if they have permission from a parent or legal guardian and are supervised by a properly certified and licensed instructor, Lt. Hipolito Nunez said. The name of the instructor helping the boy was not released.
    From old WashPo article: (was at this shoot earlier, and recall this happening after I left)
    All of this sounds a lot scarier than it is. Knob Creek is full of security guards who zealously enforce rigid safety rules. Of course, machine guns are inherently dangerous. In October 1995, a 13-year-old girl was killed when the 600-pound, 18-barrel gun she was firing fell on her, crushing her skull. At the time, the girl's mother told reporters that she didn't blame the Knob Creek folks and hoped that children would still be allowed to shoot. They are.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks CHP, I knew sombody here had better Googlefu than me. I think the last death was in the last 5 years or so.....

Sounds like if the LT's comments bear truth, and the stories are true that he was supervised by a 15 year old kid, then there's probably some teeth to the charges.

Eitherway, a terrible situation that just got a lot worse......

Tinman....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hampden County District Attorney William Bennett said Tuesday he hasn't been able to find any law that would authorize a child to possess or fire a machine gun.
    The last time I checked, that wasn't how the law worked. There has to be a law BANNING or RESTRICTING something, not ALLOWING it.

Hmmm, let's make a law to allow everyone to eat pancakes on Sundays. See how ridiculous that is?

You don't say, "We are going to make a law to allow you to drive a car". No, they say "We are going to make a law that bars you from driving without a license".

In this case it should be "We are looking for a law that restricts a child from possessing or firing a machine gun".

That being said..... As many may know from my post asking about introducing firearms into a home with children, I have several children (whom I love very much). I don't know about you guys and gals, but I had a softball sized lump in my throat and an upset stomach when I read this.

Last edited:

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Yeah Im not to sure if they just worded that sentence wrong or what. I obviously agree about there having to be a law saying it is illegal for a minor to shoot a certain type of weapon. Not a law saying that it isnt illegal for a minor to shoot a certain type of weapon.

Top Bottom