In that case, here's one that feeds from the wheel gun trough:

RareAndSexySmith.jpg

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    It is a 59-2. My late Father had an eclectic taste in handguns. I'm not sure when he picked it up or why. It might have had something to do with the fact that he got a generous supply of .38 special wadcutters from the Sheriff's Department.

It is accurate and fun to shoot. It has a long slow recoil. I have never bench fired it; but, next time I take it to the range, I'll bench shoot a few groups and we'll find out.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    It is a 59-2. My late Father had an eclectic taste in handguns. I'm not sure when he picked it up or why. It might have had something to do with the fact that he got a generous supply of .38 special wadcutters from the Sheriff's Department.

It is accurate and fun to shoot. It has a long slow recoil. I have never bench fired it; but, next time I take it to the range, I'll bench shoot a few groups and we'll find out.

Nice so I would assume its from somewhere in the mid to late 70's?

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    That's sweet!

What kind of groups can it do at 25 yards from a rest?

Kathy and I went to Indy Arms today to check out their range. I took the Model 52-2. Here are 5 shots fired from an improvised rest at 10 yards.

SmithAndWessonModel52Group_zpsgqlierfn.jpg

That was the first five shots, cold bore. I could easily do better with a proper rest.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Kathy and I went to Indy Arms today to check out their range. I took the Model 52-2. Here are 5 shots fired from an improvised rest at 10 yards.

SmithAndWessonModel52Group_zpsgqlierfn.jpg

That was the first five shots, cold bore. I could easily do better with a proper rest.

She's definitely a tack driver!

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Yeah, pink....I was impressed.

The Model 52-2 has been in my possession 15 years, since my Dad passed. I have only shot it a half dozen times, usually just plinking at cans. I knew it was reasonably accurate; but, I had no idea it could do this.

I'm glad one of my fellow INGO'ers encouraged me to see what it could do.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

The Model 52-2 has been in my possession 15 years, since my Dad passed. I have only shot it a half dozen times, usually just plinking at cans. I knew it was reasonably accurate; but, I had no idea it could do this.

Time to dust off the rust and get into some competitions.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Nice work! That is what I expected.

You're welcome!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    It's been a while since I checked the GB market for values, but it seems the 3913, 4506, and some of the other more desirable 3rd Gens have jumped at least 100 in their selling prices. Anyone else who watches the market want to confirm my suspicion.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I started looking for a nice 4506 for about a year ago and wanted to replace a 3913-2 I sold years ago.

Based on what I've seen on GunBroker; prices started climbing about then with a pre-election jump and no let up since.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I started looking for a nice 4506 for about a year ago and wanted to replace a 3913-2 I sold years ago.

Based on what I've seen on GunBroker; prices started climbing about then with a pre-election jump and no let up since.

Maybe the new laws in California have to do with some of it? Though for the 4506 and 3913 they should be exempt due to the mag size. I know they aren't on the list of approved guns so there's more hurdles to jump.

I should go to cdisales and start getting more of their surplus guns as I'm sure one day they too will surge past 500.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    3913s have really gone up and are getting rare and expensive.

I know a guy who REALLY wanted mine. I had 4 factory mags with it. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse. It was a great pistol but as much as he offered me for it and that I was kinda looking to go all striker fired (the 3913 was the only DA/SA I owned), I sold it to him.

I'd still like to someday own a 1006.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Glad to see this thread getting some love after a brief dormancy.
    Have mixed emotions about the rising prices for these excellent pistols, sad for those who will have to pay more to get one, but glad that the demand is there.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Glad to see this thread getting some love after a brief dormancy.
    Have mixed emotions about the rising prices for these excellent pistols, sad for those who will have to pay more to get one, but glad that the demand is there.

Yeah I kinda let it go for a while hoping it would pick up like the CZer's. I guess we're just a rare breed. I wonder with the California mag ban if 5900 and 4000 series mags will drop in price? The funny thing is even the beat up 3913's are going for over 400. I'm glad that I bought a bunch of 3913 mags when they were still cheap on ebay, as well as 4500 mags, and 3906 mags.

Top Bottom