• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’m looking for factory magazines for a recently acquired Smith 3913. Any help would be appreciated.

Promag for $19

Promag is hit or miss. So if you buy them be prepared to send them back until you get some that work.

$45

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Thanks DadSmith. Sounds like we’ve had similar experience with Promag. I kind of wrote them off after trying several magazines without any luck.
    Thanks for the eBay link. Haven’t been on eBay in a while. I thought they had banned all things firearm related. Pleasantly surprised to see they’ve come to their senses.
    Appreciate your thoughts!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Thanks DadSmith. Sounds like we’ve had similar experience with Promag. I kind of wrote them off after trying several magazines without any luck.
    Thanks for the eBay link. Haven’t been on eBay in a while. I thought they had banned all things firearm related. Pleasantly surprised to see they’ve come to their senses.
    They haven't come to their senses.. They are still somewhat limited about what you can list and no mags over 10 rounds.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I made the mistake of buying promag back in the early 90's I was told they were just as good as OEM. They weren't.

This was a long time ago. I've heard people say with certain firearms they have decent magazines. If they were my only option nowadays for a firearm I'd give them business and just keep sending them back until they got me a decent magazine.

I hope they have improved over the years.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I had great luck on ebay 8yrs ago when mags could be had cheap that and gunbroker. Since my last 3rd gen purchase in 2019 price for parts have been climbing. One day I'll be able to buy parts again or continue my collection but buy what you can when you can now.

Top Bottom