Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Maybe. That was always the fear during the Cold War. NATO was never going to match the numbers of Russian armor, so we came up with attack helicopters, the A-10, and ATGM’s to counter them. The real problem is that since the Cold War “ended”, most of Europe sat on their asses and let their military wither away. If the US wasn’t in the equation, I think Russia may well overmatch most NATO countries. Poland, Sweden, and Finland I think would give them the most trouble. Germany is a pathetic joke of a military. Britain’s military is far too small to do much of anything, especially if they took losses. France, well France hasn’t won a war since a guy named Napoleon was leading them.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So we've spent two years being told that the Russian military is trash and they're dying in huge numbers while Ukraine takes zero casualties, and all their WWII era tanks are getting blown up, and all their planes and missiles are getting shot down with 98% effectiveness, but now NATO is overmatched!?

These. People. Are. Not. Serious.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    So we've spent two years being told that the Russian military is trash and they're dying in huge numbers while Ukraine takes zero casualties, and all their WWII era tanks are getting blown up, and all their planes and missiles are getting shot down with 98% effectiveness, but now NATO is overmatched!?

These. People. Are. Not. Serious.
    The truth is elusive in war. I think Russia made some serious mistakes in planning and execution at the start of the war for sure, and it cost them big time. They seem to have regrouped decently and have evolved their tactics. Despite sanctions, they are still producing armor and munitions. How many times have we been told that they were running out? The thing about the Russian way of war is this, they don’t give two sh#$s about casualties. They never have. They will take enormous losses if it takes that. I get amused when seeing video or reports of Ukrainian troops. It seems every single one of them is “special forces”. No doubt Ukraine has done a good job to this point, but they cannot win a war of attrition against Russia, at least I don’t think so. They have also taken huge casualties. Ukraine alone has lost more tanks than most of nato, outside of the US, even has in their inventory. It is hard to see how they can win this. I guess we will see.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, and Russia may hold some of the best back, for defense of the motherland.

But..
    Yes, it seems like they haven't been able to destroy a small country, so they're gonna threaten a BUNCH of other countries.
    I'm not exactly quaking in my boots.

And, when they threaten nukes, maybe point out our position on WMDs.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Well, and Russia may hold some of the best back, for defense of the motherland.

But..
    Yes, it seems like they haven't been able to destroy a small country, so they're gonna threaten a BUNCH of other countries.
    I'm not exactly quaking in my boots.

And, when they threaten nukes, maybe point out our position on WMDs.
    If I was a country like Moldova, I would probably start brushing up on my Russian in the next few years. Russia might want their vinyards and wine cellars.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    If I was a country like Moldova, I would probably start brushing up on my Russian in the next few years. Russia might want their vinyards and wine cellars.
    Russia has controlled Transnistria(now considered part of Moldova in the west) since the Treaty of Bucharest (1812).
    Including since 1990 and the fall of the Soviet Union. It was not until 15 March 2022, the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe recognized Transnistria as Moldovan territory occupied by Russia(but not the UN for obvious reasons). Any idea it was not Russian for more than 100 years developed after the invasion of Ukraine.

I do not see Russia going after Moldova.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The Commies have knocked out 3 M1’s and captured a M1 blade tank intact. Russians have several Leopard’s and other western equipment. I am sure that reverse engineering will be in order.

Russians making gains everywhere.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The Commies have knocked out 3 M1’s and captured a M1 blade tank intact. Russians have several Leopard’s and other western equipment. I am sure that reverse engineering will be in order.

Supposedly they've shuttered the T14 program.

Honestly this war has demonstrated the money is better spent on mines, shells, and missiles.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Supposedly they've shuttered the T14 program.

Honestly this war has demonstrated the money is better spent on mines, shells, and missiles.
    and drones.

The naval ones appear especially effective at causing great loss vs money spent, but all of them cause damage more cheaply than previously used tactics.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    At last. After decades of setting the world on fire. Apparently actual violence is out of popularity with this administration, they will be relying on color revolutions(of the LGBT and "democracy" type...new word for communism is democracy). Instigating violence was the main thing Nuland was good at(see Ukraine,Libyia,Somolia,Angola,Nigeria,Peru,Syria,Iraq,Afganistan,Yemen,Ethiopia,Thailand,Haiti and others).

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

Didn’t Ivan steal an M1 from Germany back in the 1980s sometime? I think they have it on display at one of their tank schools.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    At last. After decades of setting the world on fire. Apparently actual violence is out of popularity with this administration, they will be relying on color revolutions(of the LGBT and "democracy" type...new word for communism is democracy). Instigating violence was the main thing Nuland was good at(see Ukraine,Libyia,Somolia,Angola,Nigeria,Peru,Syria,Iraq,Afganistan,Yemen,Ethiopia,Thailand,Haiti and others).

She's probably preparing the ground to join the Haley administration

Top Bottom