• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You have no more idea exactly what happened than anybody else on this board. You just think you do, because you found a news source that agrees your predetermined bias. It could have been an errant Ukrainian defensive missle, it could have been an errant Russian missle. The only thing that is clear is that Russia is to blame.

So you know better than US intel?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So you know better than US intel?
    I know better than to completely trust the US government. But yeah, I'm sure that they immediately released the complete and unvarnished truth in this case. Absolutely no reason at all to avoid blaming Russia for one of their missles hitting NATO soil, regardless of where the missle actually came from. It's not like starting WWIII is any type of consideration at all.

Has US intel found the WMDs in Iraq yet?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know better than to completely trust the US government. But yeah, I'm sure that they immediately released the complete and unvarnished truth in this case. Absolutely no reason at all to avoid blaming Russia for one of their missles hitting NATO soil, regardless of where the missle actually came from. It's not like starting WWIII is any type of consideration at all.

Has US intel found the WMDs in Iraq yet?

Show me where the missile could have potentially been launched from, while knowing the actual range of an S300. Any model of S300.

None will achieve the range necessary to land where it did, from Russian controlled territory.

You sound like those loony NAFO people.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Show me where the missile could have potentially been launched from, while knowing the actual range of an S300. Any model of S300.

None will achieve the range necessary to land where it did, from Russian controlled territory.

You sound like those loony NAFO people.
    I'm loony? You're the one swallowing what Biden's intel people are giving you.

Was it a blue and yellow missle with "definitely not from Russia and absolutely a Ukranian S300" written on it with a Sharpie?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm loony? You're the one swallowing what Biden's intel people are giving you.

Was it a blue and yellow missle with "definitely not from Russia and absolutely a Ukranian S300" written on it with a Sharpie?

Try thinking rationally. Establish the facts, the capabilities, and the region.

Work through it and you'll see that there's only one possible situation.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Try thinking rationally. Establish the facts, the capabilities, and the region.

Work through it and you'll see that there's only one possible situation.
    No. There's only one possible conclusion to avoid igniting direct confrontation of NATO vs Russia. Facts are irrelevant.

The fact that you think that you know what actually happened because US intel told you so is hilarious.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    So if The missile was fired by Ukraine but Russia is to blame cause Ukraine was firing at Russian missile Then would NATO be to Blame for causing Russia to start military operations in Ukraine?
    Just wondering

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    You know what makes zero sense with this illogical idea that the invasion was to keep NATO off their borders? A successful invasion would literally put NATO on their border. I mean, idiots that parrot anything they're told will believe it but anyone with 2 working brain cells will see the fallacy of his argument.
    Huh?

I'm not trying to justify what Russia is doing at all, but you're just being silly here. When people talk about Russia having a strategic interest in keeping NATO off their border, it's because Russia wants to keep NATO as far away as possible, creating a buffer of territory for Moscow. If their border ends up being pushed further west, and then as a result ends up touching NATO territory, from a strategic standpoint that's a much more advantageous situation for Russia than having a NATO-friendly country touching their current border, much closer to Moscow.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    “I don’t want you close to me so I’ll move closer” argument. Got it.
    Do you really so fundamentally misunderstand the strategic implications of what's going on here? It's not like Russia is playing some game of "NATO is lava" where they lose the moment their border touches a NATO country. If Russia takes over Ukraine they haven't moved their heartland, their industry, and most importantly Moscow, any closer to NATO territory, rather, they've created a bigger buffer of territory, and taken control of strategically important terrain features that make their border far easier to defend in the case of a war with NATO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom