Not open for further replies.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

And another crippling humiliation for Biden: The "good" soldiers of the ANA, the ones who didn't sell their guns and uniforms to the Taliban, fled to Iran by the thousands and are now fighting for Russia in Ukraine while Russia looks after their families.
    This doesn’t surprise me at all. People without a country and trained to fight are offered money to use their expertise. Not happy about it but I also don’t think it will make a difference. Russia can’t equip, supply or support them at the level they are trained to rely on. They didn’t turn the tide in Afghanistan and likely won’t in Ukraine either. IMO

Agreed that it is a big embarrassment for the Biden Administration.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

He's got quite a curriculum vitae, I'll grant that. I just can't decide what is more impressive: his having served time for some really creepy on-line behavior, or the fact that he writes NATO-critical articles for Russia Today, a Russian state-controlled television station.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This doesn’t surprise me at all. People without a country and trained to fight are offered money to use their expertise. Not happy about it but I also don’t think it will make a difference. Russia can’t equip, supply or support them at the level they are trained to rely on. They didn’t turn the tide in Afghanistan and likely won’t in Ukraine either. IMO

Yep. When you got one skill, you got one skill. $1,500 is a lot of money to displaced people with nothing. Unfortunately for them, their COIN experience probably won't have a lot of relevance on an unrestricted artillery battlefield.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Agree. After WWII thousands of ex naxi soldiers joined the French Foreign Legion.....then got sent to fight for France in Vietnam.

For many of us, this is a embarrassment for Biden. But not to the masses because the media won't tell them, and if they did they wouldn't believe it. Biden lies and they believe every word.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    2 new events

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I can't believe that the dc curia is so wrapped up in Ukraine that we are talking about this stuff like it was Panama or Grenada.
    Definitely apples and oranges. I think the Russians also fell into that line of thinking. Taking territory from Georgia and trying to take all of Ukraine are also very different things.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a small nuclear sub, and I plan on imitating Capt. Nemo and the Nautilus.
    I never thought I would see the day actaeon277 made this admission. He wants to be a pirate and not just any pirate,but the ultimate mad max Nemo pirate. Good luck in you endeavor sir(I will be avoiding the high seas in a mad max situation).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom