• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've tried all brand name 5.56 ammo and Magpul magazines. I might go 90 rounds without a hiccup then a FTF. 99% of the time it is a FTF issue. On 2 occasions the FTF was bad enough to force the bullet into the casing.

That's not good if it's shoving the bullet back into the casing. Have you called them about it?

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I think their receivers are a step up from PSA.

Their barrels are BA barrels. They're very nice. Maybe not quite as nice as the PSA CHF's, but still great for what you pay.

Their BCG's.....They claim mil-spec. PSA's are from Toolcraft. I have no idea on the PSA's.
    I agree with this. The only reason I'm starting to recommend Aero over PSA, is because when you say "PSA's premium stuff is gtg", most people buy the cheapest upper or rifle kit on their site, which obviously isn't what I recommend. Aero doesn't have that problem. They don't sell the "cheap" barrels and bcg's.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Absolutely.

Also, it sounds like PSA's volumes are going through the roof, and their QC is having a bit of a hard time keeping up. There's some examples of gas blocks mis-aligned, canted sights, etc... that I've seen. I think you're still more than likely not going to have problems and for the most part, they're fine. But I'd absolutely inspect one with a fine tooth comb before accepting a transfer, although I guess that should be done with anything.

I agree with this. The only reason I'm starting to recommend Aero over PSA, is because when you say "PSA's premium stuff is gtg", most people buy the cheapest upper or rifle kit on their site, which obviously isn't what I recommend. Aero doesn't have that problem. They don't sell the "cheap" barrels and bcg's.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Decided to get the INGO lower and build,, now have to decide on the upper/kit. Thought PSA, now looking into others. Would prefer a kit/complete upper, as opposed to all the individual parts.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The new gen2 forged receivers come with the adjustment screw to remove any slop/rattle between the upper/lower. Mine are all gen1.

With the adjustment screw, it makes me wonder if they're hand picking their receiver sets to get the tightest fit anymore (I have no idea if they are or aren't, but it seems like with the adjustment screw a true matched set isn't really needed to get rid of receiver rattle). My gen1's are really nicely fit and wouldn't benefit from an adjustment screw. I'd be interested to hear from someone with a gen2 set if the set is as nicely fit with the screw backed out.

Either way, you get a heck of a lot for your dollar with them. They're the only receivers I buy now.
    I've got the gen 2 lower with the set screw, I didn't tighten it at all and my upper fits tight to the lower.

Top Bottom