• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Thanks to INGO I know it's illegal to carry anywhere that a daycare is present, but where in the Indiana Code does it explicitly state that? I reviewed it and couldn't find anything about a daycare, only IC 35-47-9 regarding schools. If this is the correct location, am I right to assume that the Indiana Code definition of a school includes a daycare but excludes a college campus?

Taking a course on the carry laws in Indiana is on my ever-growing training list, but I figured since I cracked open the books and read title 35, article 47 I'd ask on here while it's still fresh in my mind.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...am I right to assume that the Indiana Code definition of a school includes a daycare but excludes a college campus?

Yes. Start here: IC 35-31.5-2-285

"School property"
    Sec. 285. "School property" means the following:
    (1) A building or other structure owned or rented by:
    (A) a school corporation;
    (B) an entity that is required to be licensed under IC 12-17.2 or IC 31-27;
    (C) a private school that is not supported and maintained by funds realized from the imposition of a tax on property, income, or sales; or
    (D) a federal, state, local, or nonprofit program or service operated to serve, assist, or otherwise benefit children who are at least three (3) years of age and not yet enrolled in kindergarten, including the following:
    (i) A Head Start program under 42 U.S.C. 9831 et seq.
    (ii) A special education preschool program.
    (iii) A developmental child care program for preschool children.
    (2) The grounds adjacent to and owned or rented in common with a building or other structure described in subdivision (1).

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I have a question about carrying in the presence of a day care. What about if a location like a mall has a business that rents from that mall that has as part of their business a licensed day care facility for the use of their own employees, would that preclude a person from carrying in/on the mall property?

Gunner

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have a question about carrying in the presence of a day care. What about if a location like a mall has a business that rents from that mall that has as part of their business a licensed day care facility for the use of their own employees, would that preclude a person from carrying in/on the mall property?

Gunner

If that property is a licensed daycare and falls under the definition of a school in the Indiana Code that ATM posted earlier then yes.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Wow... that is crazy so then it is MY responsibility to know if a business that RENTS from a mall has a licensed daycare in their own store for their own employees even if I have never or will never visit that store and unless I did I would have no idea that the store had a daycare... wow sounds to me like a law intended to turn law abiding citizens into criminals...

Gunner

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Wow... that is crazy so then it is MY responsibility to know if a business that RENTS from a mall has a licensed daycare in their own store for their own employees even if I have never or will never visit that store and unless I did I would have no idea that the store had a daycare... wow sounds to me like a law intended to turn law abiding citizens into criminals...

Gunner

It does appear that way, but really it is ignorant law makers in the General Assembly that think they are making it safe the the children.

The problem is that it is USED to make normally law abiding persons who would never hurt anyone else into felons by taking a piece or equipment across a boundary line.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    That is realistically the only [STRIKE]purpose[/STRIKE] OUTCOME of most modern restrictions.

IMO even the liberals mean well, they are just short sighted and believe their legislation does more things than they are capable of in reality.

Case in point: Cain did not need a gun to commit the first murder, and the first murder happened with just four people on the planet.

No matter how many laws you have or what inanimate objects you ban, people will still hurt other people and are still dangerous.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    IMO even the liberals mean well, they are just short sighted and believe their legislation does more things than they are capable of in reality...

If that were the case, they would be able to admit the actual failures of their well intentioned legislation to have any impact on crime long before now.

Then they'd stop introducing the same repackaged crap every time it's voted down and move to repeal the lunacy which remains.

They know full well what they're doing.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    It never gets less complicated. I just learned through the newspaper that Bloomington Hospital is closing its daycare due to funding shortfall brought on by Obamacare. I never even suspected they had a daycare - I always considered it a "don't ask/don't tell" cc zone in deference to their anti gun stance.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    So from what I can tell we could all be criminals because it is impossible to know where a company may have a day care for their employees. Like a Walmart store or even you own neighbors home.

Be afraid be very afraid...

Gunner

Top Bottom