• marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

I have one on my Max-9

It co-witnesses with the sights perfectly. The dot is huge. Other than the dot size it's no different than any other red dot I've used.

No batteries means it will always work if there is enough light. It's very light but appears well made.

Here it is compared with a Holosun 507K-GR. The Ready Dot weighs next to nothing.

RD  04.jpg RD 01.jpg RD 02.jpg RD 03.jpg RD 05.jpg RD 06.jpg RD 07.jpg RD 08.jpg

If you own a Ruger firearm and don't mind letting them know you own it go to:

They will send you a coupon for 20% off your next purchase from shop Ruger (up to $20).

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I have one on my Max-9

It co-witnesses with the sights perfectly. The dot is huge. Other than the dot size it's no different than any other red dot I've used.

No batteries means it will always work if there is enough light. It's very light but appears well made.

Here it is compared with a Holosun 507K-GR. The Ready Dot weighs next to nothing.

View attachment 286500 View attachment 286501 View attachment 286502 View attachment 286503 View attachment 286504 View attachment 286505 View attachment 286506 View attachment 286507

If you own a Ruger firearm and don't mind letting them know you own it go to:

They will send you a coupon for 20% off your next purchase from shop Ruger (up to $20).

How does it do in low light like about 20 minutes after sunset approximately? Also at night does it need much light for it to show?
    I'm in the country so there would be no street lighting. So it would have to be from the sun, moon or a flashlight here where I live, or in the woods hunting.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

The page above from C-More shows the apparent dot size at ranges from 12.5 yards to 300 yards, for dots from 2-16 MOA.

At the closest distance that they show a 16 MOA dot covers two inches.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I use a 15 minute dot on my steel challenge rifle and have used them on competition handguns for decades I even have a 20 minute dot(not currently used). Never had any issues with the dot size especially on handguns.
    I do have a 5 minute dot on my Carry Optics competition handgun because that is the biggest size that company makes but would trade for a bigger one if they made one.
    Big dots is easier to find and faster for me and never had any issue with accuracy.
    My carry gun has multiple options but I wish it had 10 or 15 minute dot available.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I use a 15 minute dot on my steel challenge rifle and have used them on competition handguns for decades I even have a 20 minute dot(not currently used). Never had any issues with the dot size especially on handguns.
    I do have a 5 minute dot on my Carry Optics competition handgun because that is the biggest size that company makes but would trade for a bigger one if they made one.
    Big dots is easier to find and faster for me and never had any issue with accuracy.
    My carry gun has multiple options but I wish it had 10 or 15 minute dot available.
    Well there you go! Shows that dot size is maybe not as important as we make them out to be. I know that bosshoss can outshoot me at anytime.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I use a 32 MOA circle 3 MOA dot reticle on mine.
    At 300 feet the 32 MOA circle is 32", and yes that is big. However, at 150 feet it is 16" slightly big, but will get you on target.
    At 75 feet it's 8" and you are definitely on target at that range.
    At 37 feet that 32 MOA circle is now 4"
    At 18 feet its 2"
    At 9 feet it's 1" circle.

I think people forget that, and are thinking of shooting a rifle at 50, and 100yds or more when it comes to dot size.

Top Bottom