• blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    birdsheadWrangler-L-660x344.jpg

Ruger Announces New Birdshead-Style Wrangler Revolvers

Ruger does it again, looks like a nifty little shooter. I picked up an Olive Drab Wrangler last spring, sights are off to the left but a fun plinker.

I doubt this will be the last iteration of the Wrangler series.

Anybody get one yet? Anyone thinking about it?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I traded into Wrangler Bird's Head, model 2015. I got it to the range yesterday. It shoots to point of aim at 15 yards, nice small groups, everything works perfectly. :yesway:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Picked the wood gripped model up at my LGS. I didn't have a ton of time to plink with it today. I shot maybe 3-4 cylinders.

My sights were off a little to the right, actually. I moved my point of aim to where the blade front was just on the left edge of the rear sights and it seemed to improve. I was only shooting about 10 yards.

Cylinder was a little rough to rotate when loading/unloading, but I had not done anything to the gun in terms of oiling or cleaning prior to shooting. Accuracy was about as good as the reviews say. Good enough to hit a can. I wasn't good enough today to hit squirrel's head, but I don't think that was the intent of this piece.

I think it will be a fun little range toy.

I actually intended on buying something I could pocket carry, like the ruger LCR 22/380. But this impulse buy jumped out at me from the case. Oh well...

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Picked the wood gripped model up at my LGS. I didn't have a ton of time to plink with it today. I shot maybe 3-4 cylinders.

My sights were off a little to the right, actually. I moved my point of aim to where the blade front was just on the left edge of the rear sights and it seemed to improve. I was only shooting about 10 yards.

Cylinder was a little rough to rotate when loading/unloading, but I had not done anything to the gun in terms of oiling or cleaning prior to shooting. Accuracy was about as good as the reviews say. Good enough to hit a can. I wasn't good enough today to hit squirrel's head, but I don't think that was the intent of this piece.

I think it will be a fun little range toy.

I actually intended on buying something I could pocket carry, like the ruger LCR 22/380. But this impulse buy jumped out at me from the case. Oh well...

That Talo edition with the wood grip looks sharp.

Top Bottom