• blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    birdsheadWrangler-L-660x344.jpg

Ruger Announces New Birdshead-Style Wrangler Revolvers

Ruger does it again, looks like a nifty little shooter. I picked up an Olive Drab Wrangler last spring, sights are off to the left but a fun plinker.

I doubt this will be the last iteration of the Wrangler series.

Anybody get one yet? Anyone thinking about it?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I traded into Wrangler Bird's Head, model 2015. I got it to the range yesterday. It shoots to point of aim at 15 yards, nice small groups, everything works perfectly. :yesway:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Picked the wood gripped model up at my LGS. I didn't have a ton of time to plink with it today. I shot maybe 3-4 cylinders.

My sights were off a little to the right, actually. I moved my point of aim to where the blade front was just on the left edge of the rear sights and it seemed to improve. I was only shooting about 10 yards.

Cylinder was a little rough to rotate when loading/unloading, but I had not done anything to the gun in terms of oiling or cleaning prior to shooting. Accuracy was about as good as the reviews say. Good enough to hit a can. I wasn't good enough today to hit squirrel's head, but I don't think that was the intent of this piece.

I think it will be a fun little range toy.

I actually intended on buying something I could pocket carry, like the ruger LCR 22/380. But this impulse buy jumped out at me from the case. Oh well...

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Picked the wood gripped model up at my LGS. I didn't have a ton of time to plink with it today. I shot maybe 3-4 cylinders.

My sights were off a little to the right, actually. I moved my point of aim to where the blade front was just on the left edge of the rear sights and it seemed to improve. I was only shooting about 10 yards.

Cylinder was a little rough to rotate when loading/unloading, but I had not done anything to the gun in terms of oiling or cleaning prior to shooting. Accuracy was about as good as the reviews say. Good enough to hit a can. I wasn't good enough today to hit squirrel's head, but I don't think that was the intent of this piece.

I think it will be a fun little range toy.

I actually intended on buying something I could pocket carry, like the ruger LCR 22/380. But this impulse buy jumped out at me from the case. Oh well...

That Talo edition with the wood grip looks sharp.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom