• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikestripe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    seymour,in.
    Any one know if any dealers have a good selection of revolvers for sale, like to find a good sp101 used one in 3 inch, I have a GP100 in 4 inch that I love.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    nice little revolvers, a little on the heavy side... it seems as though the local shops here are getting darn near new price out of what few used guns end up on their shelves ...

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I stumbled across mine late last year when passing through Dubois Co.
    Got it "used", but a guy had bought it for carry, then traded it unfired for an XDs when he thought the Ruger to be too heavy.

I don't see that model on the shelves very often, and they don't seem to stay long when they do show up.
    Luck in your search!

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    i had one a few years ago and traded for a speed six. I then traded the speed six for a 4" GP100 and like you I love it! Then last month I came across a used sp101 3" for sale on Ingo and bought it. Now I have both and love them.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    A good used one can cost as much as a new one these days. The SP 101 3" is an accurate and fun to shoot revolver.

Collin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Greenwood, IN
    Great revolver. Previous posts are correct, used ones bring close to new price. Find one and buy it, don't hesitate. They are in demand for a good reason.

cubstuff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indiana
    I was able to purchase one from Joe Bobs Outfitters online for I think $475. Even with the FFL Transfer fee my overall price was cheaper than any used ones I could find locally. Hope this helps.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    ARMSLIST & Gun Broker.com has lots of them listed. I remember when the SP101 was released to market in .327 and was surprised to find one at the Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show. I think I paid around 500.00 at the time. I love the gun. It's one of my favorites. However, I don't feel the same about the SP101 in .357/.38 Special. I think it's a little light. I would rather have one of the Six Series Ruger Revolvers (Security Six, Speed Six , Service Six) with a short barrel. It's about the same size and a tad heavier. I see them at the local stores and the prices are crazy. I've seen used ones with tags of 585.00. Go to the Indy 1500 next week and you'll find one.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Dave's Gun Shop in Holland (Dubois Co.) has a couple. Mint,near new used for $420 and a NIB for $495. Both are 3" barrel guns.
    I was there yesterday, these have been there for weeks.

Top Bottom