• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have not posted here for a long time. I rarely buy gun new but recently purchased a Mark IV and am waiting on a Dead Air Mask suppressor on back order. Have yet to shoot it.

B86FFD77-DFC8-44FA-8A9C-00214E2B3C1D.jpeg

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Beautiful handgun that is a lot of fun to shoot. Go take it out to the range and shoot it while waiting for the suppressor. Besides, the gun will need a good cleaning before you install the suppressor and you will get to enjoy the Mark IV take down button. Then you won’t have to endure the histrionics of a Mark III takedown!!!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Love my MK4 , fantastic shooters that work well suppressed. Plus as bgcattyentioned they are so much easier to clean than older generations of Ruger's and Browning .22 pistols.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    Can't go wrong with a Ruger. Things just shoot everything.You got several lifetimes of enjoyment there.

Attachments

• 20230131_220857.jpg
      20230131_220857.jpg
      494.9 KB · Views: 11

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I've owned a MKII Target for a number of years, and it has been phenomenal. Accurate and more reliable than any rimfire has a right to be.

I recently picked up a MK IV Tactical to use as a suppressor host (my first can is 2 months in to ATF jail). Its a decent little gun, but it's not been the same smooth sailing that I experienced with my MKII.

Right out of the box it was stovepiping or failing to eject 4-5x per mag. I modified the rear feed lips on the mags a bit to correct this, and resolved that problem. The trigger was significantly worse than the one on my MKII, so a Tandemkross blast pack was purchased to correct that. Now I'm seeing the occasional light strike.

There's also an issue where it will short-stroke and not eject the chambered round, or feed the second round out of a full mag. If I download the mags by one, there's no issue, so it's likely due to upward pressure being exerted by a heavily-compressed mag spring.

Next step is to put the factory hammer back in with the Tandemkross sear to see if that fixes the light strike problem (more mass, harder hits). I also need to get some extra mag springs to play with so I can see if trimming them down a bit will relive enough tension to resolve the short-stroking issue.

None of the above are deal-breakers, but I've been a little disappointed that the MKIV hasn't been as flawless as my MKII, especially seeing as I paid more than double for it.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I recommend this charging handle:

I've purchased from this seller and it is well made at a reasonable price.

Also you can use any Mark IV upper on that frame, if you want a different configuration. I've got one set up for iron sights and one with a red dot.

if you want an extra bolt to go with the upper:

Enjoy the new gun.

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    I have contemplated getting a mkIV 22/45 but worry about the integrity of the frame pivot lugs. Do the folks here that have this model feel it is plenty strong in the polymer frame?

Bzikot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2022
    Allen County
    My first handgun was a Mark 1 got it used, shoot the heck out of it, It broke on me and after a quick call to Ruger they sent me new parts for free for it I became a life customer after that service, that was over 30 years ago

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Picked one up on GB a couple of years ago that a guy was using in what he called "speed steel" matches.. All the aftermarket whistles and bells and had been shot so much that the comp was spitting something back at me every few shots.. Cleaned the carbon out of the comp and it will still put rounds in the same hole @ 7 yards if I'm doing my part.. Couldn't be happier with it.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Not a fan of whatever non magnetic metal the new ones are made of. My MK IV is unfired in the box after I figured out the frame was not steel. Just picked up a MKII on here and Love it a great shooter and all blued steel.

Top Bottom