• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I carry one all of the time - and I totally agree with the above. It's a good fit - for its specific niche. I'm not in the habit yet of carrying something larger. So for me - carrying an LCP beats carrying nothing. And I absolutely agree with using the grip extension.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    one little trick i found online with field stripping the p3at, and i assume it will work on the lcp as well, is to use the rim of a (preferably spent) case to pry out the disassembly pin. this has proven handy when there is no screwdriver handy.

with proper care and feeding these little pocket pieces fill their niche well. reps on your review and nice shootin!

Last edited:

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    great review I've been looking for some real shooters feedback on the LCP like you I thought the P3AT rattled around too much and got rid of it.

MillerIU

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Wabash
    I have one of these I carry all the time. I agree with the report also. The belt clip for the p3at fits the LCP well with a tap or two with a small ball hammer and it slides in my front pocket. I forget I even have it on me. Nice little gun to carry. At the range after 50 rounds, the web of my hand gets sore, not from recoil but from gun movement as it rolls back. But this isn't a target plinker. Gun shoots well and after 200 rounds out of the box, not 1 ftf.
    Talked my dad into picking one up last week and he loves it also.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    for a more nationwide view of the LCP check out elsiepeaforum.com. I prefer hanging out here :ingo: But for LCP specific technicals - they have some good advice there...

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I picked one up a few weeks ago and took it to the Range and put 50 rounds through it, no failures and darn accurate. It's hard to find ammo though.

I don't like prying that pin out either, makes me think I'm going to scratch the finish.

I'm looking for an ankle holster but don't have one yet.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Not trying to jack your thread. Awesome report.. I was in Elmores the other day and they had one of those new Sig .380 and I got the opportunity to handle it, it felt really nice I wanna hear a range report on one of those...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Josh, your range report was thorough and I appreciate it. You mentioned the Kel-Tec in the beginning. Had your fired the Kel-Tech before, and if you had, can you compare and contrast the way each weapon fired?
    I'm trying to figure out which of the two I want to purchase for carry. I would appreciate any input. Thanks

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Josh, your range report was thorough and I appreciate it. You mentioned the Kel-Tec in the beginning. Had your fired the Kel-Tech before, and if you had, can you compare and contrast the way each weapon fired?
    I'm trying to figure out which of the two I want to purchase for carry. I would appreciate any input. Thanks

I have limited experience with the KT. It sticks to my hand better - more aggressive stippling - but it doesn't feel as solid.

Nice report and I've got to add every time I see your 1911 I like it more and more, good job on it.

Thanks; it's just a prototype though. I plan to build the next one late this year or early next year. This one has gone through too many changes, and when I modified the grip to fit my hand better, I put it up too high. If I don't do things exactly right, the place where the thumb safety enters the frame on the right side will rub my hand. It's a high-ride-only design for this reason.

That said, the thing as practically no felt recoil, even with a 230gn LRN over 5.2gn of Bullseye powder.

The next one will be much better, even if it ends up having a bit more muzzle flip.

Thanks,

Josh <><

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Be careful putting that pin back in, too. The little retaining spring can be damaged if you don't push down and then in. I got mine back from the recall without one. I take it to the range for a the firs time after getting it back, rack the slide, and the take down pin falls on top of my shoe.

Chiefpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Marion
    Picked up the LCP yesterday. Love the weight and slimness. I carried it IWB and hardly knew it was there. Draws very nice. Palm sized group at 7 yards, I could do better with more practice I think. Very nice fit and finish. I can carry this gun everyday, others I have stay at home when I'm dressed lightly.

Top Bottom