Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Does any body carry one?
    Gimme some pros and cons.

She carries a lightweight .38 right now
    Can you get a belt clip for the LCP?
    That would keep it in place in her purse.
    She won't use a "gun" purse......she said they're kinda fugly.:dunno:

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've been carrying one in my back pocket for quite some time. It is strictly a last ditch effort. No aiming, just point and pull. Make sure she holds one before you buy. They are pretty small, and some folks' hands are just too big. Most people would use it as a back up, but as a primary weapon, it's better than nothing. I ran a few different loads in mine, and ended up with Federal Hydro-shox. Polish the feed ramp if you can, and it should feed well. You might want to rethink the purse carry. If the bad guy attacks, most like it will be a snatch and grab of the purse. Guess what. She just became unarmed, and armed the bad guy. Pretty bad turn of the table. Anyway, that's my two cents. Let me know if I can answer any more questions.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    honestly, ive let 4 grown men shoot it, and 2 complained about how much it hurt. If she doesnt need to hide it in a tiny place, such as a pocket, I would go with something heavier. or something with less of a snappy recoil.

Also, look up RKBA leather on the internet. The guy will make any custom holster for it for like 35 bucks. hes got a 4 week wait time though, because people love his work.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    My wife and I both carry one ...
    My wife loves hers ...
    I like mine as a back up ...I carry a S&W 442 mostly

My only real complaint about the LCP is the trigger pull ...
    It feels like you have to pull the trigger for a mile ...lol

But i would honestly recommend the LCP to anyone looking for a tiny pocket gun ....:ingo::patriot:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I carry an LCP as a BUG. My fiancee carries the KelTec. She likes to carry both and doesn't have much of an issue with the recoil and trigger-pull. Also, purple72 made some good points regarding purse-carry. Still working on that one with my fiancee :D

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Thanks for the input. It took me a while to get my wife in the habit of carrying every day. It will take me even longer to convince her to carry it on her person.

A friend has one...I think I'll let her try it before I make a decision.
    Then again, I wouldn't mind having one for myself.;)

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    You and your wife are welcome to come to my house and shoot mine. I've got a range in my side yard. The invitation is open if you're interested.
    Thanks for the offer!!
    It might be a bit of a drive for us.....we live at the SW tip of Indiana!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    She can shoot mine... I don't think the LCP is a bad shooter at all.

I mean, it's not something you want to shoot for fun all the time... it is small.

But the LCP is accurate for its size and, well, it's nice and small. Super easy to carry!

I'm happy to let you guys take my LCP out.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I carry one in the warmer months. I have to agree with Bigum, it's not the gun to shoot for fun, but it is accurate for it's size. The trigger is something to get use to, along with the recoil, but I don't find it as bad as others.
    I don't carry mine in my purse, I cc in a Desantis and it is very conceilable, even when wearing spring clothes.

GunSlinger77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I got a chance to shoot one this past weekend after I had been looking at them online for what seemed like forever!! By the tenth shot, I could start to feel it alittle. But, if I am carrying, I don't plan to have to shoot ten rounds with that gun! This is a great small, concealed carry gun. This would be perfect for close quarters, espectially equipped with crimson trace grips!! I have medium sized female hands and it seemed to fit ok. I normally carry a .45 Sig Sauer on duty and an XDM .40 off duty. So it seemed small at first, but not so small that it was hard to control. Maybe Santa (Fixer) will get me one if I sit on his lap!! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom