• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MagillaG67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    What do you mean by "It's quite snappy and has no 2nd strike capability"? And how hard is the trigger pull?
    It's got a lot of kick since it only weighs a little over 9 ounces. As for 2nd strike--- The trigger goes dead, unless the slide is cycled. So if you get a round with a hard or stubborn primer--you can't strike it twice.You'll have to rack the slide, eject & load the next.
    The trigger pull isn't too hard. It's just long.

jwardrip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Evansville
    I own one and I really like it. It is so easy to conceal. Just bought another clip for mine today at Right to Bear Arms Gun Shop. I carry it everywhere I go. Took a couple clips for me to get use to trigger pull.

X ring

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    My wife has the LCP, and the Kel Tec is my daily driver. Slight edge goes to the LCP for fit and finish IMO.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    To anyone with an LCP, I would suggest also buying a Crimson Trace laser. It works quite well indoors but sucks in daylight. BUT, if you really had to use it for a self defense situation, it would almost certainly be in subdued lighting.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Enjoy your LCP... I do.

Although I carry larger handguns, my LCP is ALWAYS with me. Just like Jello, there's always room for an LCP.

deadmanslcplarge.jpg

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Just got my Pearce extensions today from Midway. I did not get to shoot it yet but I could feel the difference in my hand, can kinda get a little of my pinky on it. Thanks for the recommending them will buy them for anymore additional clips i buy.

Eh, I like the way that they felt in my hand too but, when I shot it, it felt like I could feel the mag moving when it recoiled....

I really didn't like the feel of that at all!

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    I find it hard to believe that no one has started a thread on this, but my search turned up empty, so I thought I'd start one.

My husband got me a Ruger LCP for Christmas.

The 380 is still a pretty hot round. when my wife shoots the Lcp she is very accurate with it and that to me is most important. She tried to shoot a small 38 spc but was not near as good with it "yet" plus the smallest 38's are still a good bit bigger than the Lcp. You have to start some where I would say your husband made the best purchase for your needs.

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have owned this gun for almost a year and at this time I'm looking to move up to the Smith & Wesson .380 bodyguard. The LCP is good for what it offers, light weight and conceal ability. Though the problems with it out-weighs it benefits in my opinion. The trigger pull is rather heavy, which it not bad for a pocket gun, but if it should be in a holster to begin with than that should be a mute point. Also I dislike the fact that there is no safety on it. And lastly I do not like the fact that the slide does not remain breached after the magazine is empty, that is mostly personal and nothing function about the weapon.

Do not get me wrong though, for a pull from the pocket self defense, this gun is very nice. I have just shot the S&W and found that it is more accurate than the LCP, and if I'm going to rely on this firearm as a backup weapon I want it to be accurate up to at least 5 yard.

The mouse guns that are the market are a great idea, it will always be a good firearm for the summer, in light weight clothing, as well as a backup weapon for when you can't reach your primary. So when picking one, always test them to make sure that specific gun meets your needs, as there are more and more coming onto the market so your choices are becoming more diverse.

Last edited:

kamum76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    I went to Beech Grove Firearms and looked at one. I didn't like it very well, I got a Kahr p380 instead.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    A little gun shop in Columbus sells these things brand new $275 all day every day
    The Primitive Peddler
    2570 Eastbrook Shopping Ctr
    Columbus, IN 47201
    (812) 372-2550

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    I've got one and love it. I got the belt clip and mag extensions for it and they have worked great. Some say the .380 round is ineffective but it sure beats the hell out of nothing at all. I have been wanting to compare the LC9 to see how much difference there really is.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Well, I finally got to shoot my LCP this weekend. My husband and I went together to take a Basic Pistol class and stayed after the class to shoot Elsie. We wanted to try the range guns during the class, and I think we both did great with a variety of 9mms to easily pass the Basic Pistol test.

We shot 100 rounds through Elsie. 75 rounds of Tulla Ammo and 25 rounds of PPU. To say I was disappointed in how I shot Elsie is an understatement. At first I had no idea where the rounds were even going! But they sure didn't hit the plate! First six shots-- not a single hole in the plate. What?
    huh.gif
    The next magazine started out the same way-- I realized they were going very low and to the right. My husband did somewhat better shooting the next two mags, but still poorly compared to his earlier accuracy with the 9mms. My accuracy improved only slightly as we continued. and I was quite disappointed! Let's just say that in my imagination I was a much more skilled shooter with Elsie.
    embarrassed.gif
    My DH took a video of me shooting a few shots so we could look at it later.

After 70 or so rounds of the Tulla, I switched to the PPU for 25 rounds and we started getting some failure to feeds. Six in total, and each time they were in groups of two and occurred in two different mags. Around that time, the slide started feeling a little sluggish and stiff to us as well, and both of us started having to work a little at getting the slide to lock back. Switching back to the Tulla, no more FTFs. So Elsie seems to like the Tulla and not the PPU. We had no FTEs or any other issues.

Elsie does have a little kick. I am thinking of upgrading the recoil spring to a heavier Wolff spring - many LCP owners upgrade to a 13# spring, but I think I'll go with an 11# first and see how that works. I shot a few mags before putting the Pachymar grip glove on, and could definitely feel the difference, I was surprised that such a thin little piece of rubber could absorb as much of the recoil as it did. But by the end of our time at the range, the web between my thumb and index finger was getting a little sore. Elsie is definitely not a target shooting gun as many have said before!

A little disappointed, we called it quits for the day. At home, I found that Russian ammo really had everything pretty gunked up. I had not cleaned it before taking it to the range, and the lubrication now looked pretty thick and gunky. (It was pretty cold out, and we were at an outdoor range, so that may have contributed to it as well.) There were spots on the slide rails that seemed a little gummy, but I did notice what looks like a nick or ding in the edge of the feed ramp. I am hoping that it was not a mistake to shoot the steel cased Tulla ammo (which I will never buy again! Eeeewww.) So I cleaned Elsie for the fist time and could immediately feel the slide was back to its old smooth self.

Over all, Elsie performed quite well, the Russian ammo had mixed reviews, and I performed terribly! When we looked at the video, I did observe that on a couple shots, I dipped the muzzle just before the shot broke and I was taking the recoil too much in my wrists.

I'm not yet ready to turn Elsie over to my husband and get something else though. If the weather permits this week, I'm going to pick up a box or two of Federal AE and take it out again. My plan is to tighten my grip considerably, focus on stiffening my wrists more, and check myself to see if I am actually flinching in anticipation of the shot. I didn't think I was, but after thinking about it and with the advice of some folks on the LCP forum, I realized this is likely what's happening since I am steady during dry-fire. It's either that or poor trigger control--maybe I'm curling my finger or changing my grip at the end of the trigger pull or something. Elsie's trigger pull is long and quite different from each of the 9mms I had shot earlier in the day.

The folks at the Elsie Pea forum seen to think this is just a typical learning curve for the LCP. And being a new shooter, I imagine my curve will be steeper than some!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    It is absolutely a good round. Anyone who says "any gun is better than no gun" believes in the concept than a .22lr carried is better than a .45 in the safe. Therefore stating, a .380 is appropriate as well. I generally carry 9mm, but while pocket carrying or for thinner shirts, I carry my LCP. Just picked up a PM9 today, so might be pocket carrying that and selling the LCP but think it's a wonderful carry piece.

Top Bottom