• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    From what I saw at the 1500 the price difference seemed to be about $50. That's why I went with the Kel tec.

The difference between the two varied depending on which vendor tables you were at during the 1500...I was actually scouting around for the LCP in olive drab green for a buddy and while I didn't see any green ones in the entire place, I saw prices for new black LCPs ranging from a low of $269 up to a high of $399. I guess that just demonstrates the need for comparative shopping at gun shows.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    2011-01-15_12-47-21_641.jpg
    w9wlw
    w9wlw

Just got this one at the 1500... I fell in love with the engraving!

Last edited:

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    I bought one for myself for xmas. Finally got to go to the range today and shoot it. Put a little over 100 rounds thru it with no problems. Mine came as a package with nemesis pocket holster and xtra clip. The one clip has the finger extension the other does not. With the clip with extension I am comfortable shooting the gun but without it it kinda feels like its slipping up thru my hand and takes a few extra seconds to readjust my grip between shots. So I would put extension on all clips. Other wise it shot pretty nice felt recoil actually not as bad as I thought it would be with such a small gun.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I bought one for myself for xmas. Finally got to go to the range today and shoot it. Put a little over 100 rounds thru it with no problems. Mine came as a package with nemesis pocket holster and xtra clip. The one clip has the finger extension the other does not. With the clip with extension I am comfortable shooting the gun but without it it kinda feels like its slipping up thru my hand and takes a few extra seconds to readjust my grip between shots. So I would put extension on all clips. Other wise it shot pretty nice felt recoil actually not as bad as I thought it would be with such a small gun.

Highly recommend the Pearce grip extension. A little larger than the Ruger extension. Pearce Grip Enhancer Magazine Base Pad Ruger LCP Package of 2 - MidwayUSA

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This has been beat to death. I had one, and sold it. too little, I wasnt comfortable with it in my pocket chambered in a pocket holster. It flopped around a lot. It sucked to shoot. recoil was not bad. Follow up shot...... wait for it. I understand that if one must employ one of these toys it will be close, but if the broad side of a barn is over 25 yds away forget about it. The sights suck, trigger is poop, ammo is expensive. As a BUG it is great, but I see so many around here claiming its their EDC. To each their own. LCP has its place, just not as a primary weapon. I would rather have a knife.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I actually have an Uncle George holster on order! And I'm checking with my local gun shop for the Pachymar grip. If they don't have it/can't get it, I'll order that too :o) With the economy the way it is, I try to buy local whenever it's in the least bit practical. I don't mind paying a little bit more to do that. It seems like I'm on track! That's reassuring.

I've already noticed how long the trigger pull is. I've been oracticing sighting and dry firing. I read somewhere someone mentioned the "heavy" trigger. It doesn't seem all that heavy to me, just llooooong. But then, I'm very inexperienced, so it could be heavy by comparison to others. I'm also considering putting some paint on the sights, as they are pretty small :o)

Thanks!

You'll like it. Practice dry firing the LCP everyday and you'll get use to the trigger with no problem. My wife and I both have LCP's, and are very happy with them. Even tho we are still waiting for the arrival of our LTCH's. Good luck!

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    As for being a inferior round I was surprised to find this today. This lists the .380 ACP as a 71% One shot stop. Impressive I think.
    Although I usually carry a .45 ACP, I do enjoy my Sig P238. I'm still planning to buy a LCP.

380 ACP Stopping Power

Enjoy the LCP. :twocents:

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    I carry one during summer months, Sig P239 during winter. Very happy with it so far as is most of my gun buds who all own one. It is the #1 selling gun in my store, I keep it priced under $300.

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    For a "pocket" gun I think it's great. The accessories selection is great for these little things. Kel-Tec belt clips and +1 mag extensions work for it too. I will agree that it is a little zippy, but for it's size its hard to beat.

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    i have been packing a lcp for about a year now every day, front pocket in a recluse holster. the holster has features for the lcp that after much research i could not find on any other holster. i feel that for an intended close range firearm it does the trick.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I find it hard to believe that no one has started a thread on this, but my search turned up empty, so I thought I'd start one.

My husband got me a Ruger LCP for Christmas. I have not yet been able to shoot it, as I'm awaiting my LTCH. It fits nicely in my hand, is light, suits my short fingers well, and should be very easily concealable. I know there are differing opinions as to whether a .380 is adequate for personal defense, but it would seem a .380 is better than nothing, all things considered!

I am curious to hear other's experiences with this pistol!

As a woman (not a sexist question, just asking), do you think the lcp is a good choice? I just got my gf into guns about a month ago. She still has a lot of learning to do, but I want to get her an lcp. They are affordable and I think its the perfect size. She likes my glock 19, but said in her opinion its way too big for her to carry.

Obviously its not a great range gun, but as far as personal protection and size goes... would you recommend it, or look at other stuff?

btw, I havent read all the posts in this thread so I am sorry if this is a repost.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    LCP

I've had my LCP for over a year now. The positives are that it has never failed me. The finish is wearing very well. Easy to pocket carry. The popularity has made the aftermarket quite robust.

The drawbacks don't out weigh the positives in my opinion. The trigger is garbage. Now I don't expect a great trigger in a pocket pistol, but it could feel cleaner. The sights are basically useless. Again with the barrel length a point and shoot method is fine.

It's not a range gun but I don't think the average owner is going to shoot it other than for training purposes. For fun I use a full size 9mm. More fun and cheaper.

I will say that I felt like the $299 I paid for mine was a good deal, but compared to the $349 that the Bodyguard costs it seems a bit overpriced.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    As a woman (not a sexist question, just asking), do you think the lcp is a good choice?.

Well, as a disclaimer, let me first tell you I have not even fired the thing once yet! But I like the size and weight of it, and it fits my hand very well. I think I would not want to carry a pistol that was much larger. I'm one of those women who want as much concealment as possible. I'm not at all comfortable with the idea of open carrying and probably never will be.

I was also considering a 9mm, as some people feel that the .380 is too small for PD, but someone [ETA - It was Nayls47 in post #30 in this thread! Sorry!] recently posted a study that said the .380 has something like a 72% stop with one bullet (depending on the ammo used, and this is from memory, not looking at the chart.) If I ever need to use it, it's not likely I'd stop at one shot, so I'm happy with the trade-off of the smaller caliber for the more manageable size. I handled a couple 9mms the other day and think I could carry them comfortably in some situations, but not all. The LCP seems to be carryable for me in all situations. That's important.

That was the long answer :)

The short answer is YES! GREAT choice :) Especially for a first pistol for anyone.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom