• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sales up, gross profit up, net profit up. 688M in sales for 2013, 196.5M increase from 2012. Let me say that again, 688M in sales. Mother of pearl.

I have been in the gun culture since the 1970s. Gun sales were nothing compared to now. Gun companies used to be so small that I often wonder why, if Teddy Kennedy and Howie Metzenbaum hated guns so much, why not buy Smith or Ruger and shut the doors forever. It would have been petty cash to them.

Amazing times for the gun culture. 688M in sales just from Ruger.

Ruger Annual Report - The Firearm Blog

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Great for them. i think I'd heard they'd sold over a million guns last year, so that seems to jive. Have you seen any stats on the other manufacturers?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Nice. Below I saw where the damaged plant was back in production too.

Correct, storm damage in God's Waiting Room, but quickly back on line. I posted it up on INGO last year if you want to run a search.

Here is the storm damage repair thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...899-ruger-az-plant-back-line-after-storm.html

No end to the demand, another plant going on line in North Carolina and Mike Fifer in the big chair, I would be very comfortable with Ruger.

Oh, and just wait until Ruger unleashes its autoloading shotgun. Talk about pushing matches at the gun counters from coast to coast.:D

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Correct, storm damage in God's Waiting Room, but quickly back on line. I posted it up on INGO last year if you want to run a search.

Here is the storm damage repair thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...899-ruger-az-plant-back-line-after-storm.html

No end to the demand, another plant going on line in North Carolina and Mike Fifer in the big chair, I would be very comfortable with Ruger.

Oh, and just wait until Ruger unleashes its autoloading shotgun. Talk about pushing matches at the gun counters from coast to coast.:D

Actually, I guess I was thinking about the Winchester plant. My bad. :dunno:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Awesome!
    I'm glad for Ruger to do well in this environment, to make quality products, and to stand behind them with good CS as well -- all in America too :)
    I have friends who just finished their MBA and a PhD in accounting and they have told me on multiple occasions that Ruger (on the stock exchange) has outperformed gold, oil, and any generic ("moderately safe") mutual funds SINCE 2009. That's just awesome!
    Only the very high-risk seem to have outperformed Ruger.
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, and again, this is since 2009. (I don't own any of their stock, but now I wish I did)

Top Bottom