• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Okay, at 1:50 I had to have a laugh at "stop resisting".

Also had a good chuckle at camera man's futile attempts to get the girl in the stripes to shut up.

When I hear "stop resisting", my brain goes into "holy ****, whatever you're doing, stop it" mode.
    Stop resisting is often followed by BANG BANG.

I was kind of hoping that when the guy was asking the officer, "Are you going to taze me?", that the officer would have said, "Why yes. Yes I am." Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! :):

I know, right.

And stuff like this crap is why I wouldn't want to be an officer.
    Machinery is so much easier to deal with.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I shouldn't post at night. :p. Meant Washington Ctr, didn't look like the Colliseum & Coldwater or Jefferson.
    It was at Coldwater & Coliseum...FWPD, ACPD IPFW police & ISP all responded. Interestingly enough, the videographer was talking a lot of trash until all the back-up arrived, then he decided it was better to sound like the voice of reason. He sure was meek & mild-mannered when I saw him...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It was at Coldwater & Coliseum...FWPD, ACPD IPFW police & ISP all responded. Interestingly enough, the videographer was talking a lot of trash until all the back-up arrived, then he decided it was better to sound like the voice of reason. He sure was meek & mild-mannered when I saw him...

Funny how someone preparing to open a can of whoop ass can calm some people down!:rockwoot:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There are some funny comments on Reddit:

What's he supposed to do, not arrest her because she doesn't want to be arrested?-But I don't wannaaaa!
    -Well that settles it lady, you are free to go. Guess that makes us the losers and you the winners.
    -But she's American.
    -But it's a woman!

"Are you just gonna take pictures, or are you gonna do something?" implores man taking pictures, and doing nothing.”

"Start a revolution, man! Stand up to the pigs, man! (also, somebody else start it first, please, I'm too scared to go first.).”

These guys are waisted
    -You mean they're fat?
    -"I wanna get chocolate wasted!"

Uh.... Maybe start a revolution?! Imagine the story of Americas 2nd revolutionary war with the epicenter being The International House of Pancakes.
    -To be fair, that's probably how it's going to start.

The real crime is the vertical video

It's amazing how quickly alcohol turns people into constitutional scholars.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A comment worthy of the INGO political subforum by the camera man:

"Black, white, it don't matter....white people are just starting to realize, they're coming to get your *** ..."

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A comment worthy of the INGO political subforum by the camera man:

"Black, white, it don't matter....white people are just starting to realize, they're coming to get your *** ..."

You sure that is INGO-worthy? I think it is the booze comment:

It's amazing how quickly alcohol turns people into constitutional scholars.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just love how the guy keeps saying "isn't anybody gonna do anything?, everybody's just taking pictures but not doing anything" while HE stands there videoing and " not doing anything".
    what did he expect? Everyone was going to jump in and stop the cop from restraining the dumb chic?
    the cop clearly says (although I think he should have controlled HIS language) "say F**K one more time", and he was going to arrest her, and proceeded to keep his promise.
    I was kind of surprised that he wasn't a little more forceful with her though. Why keep repeating "stop resisting" and " give me your other arm"? Do what you have to to subdue her and throw her in the back of the car, then deal with the idiot shouting and cussing at you, and the rest that can't understand to stay back away from you and your detainee.
    I imagine it's hard to keep your composure with so many fools standing around yelling at you and calling you names.

To all our Leo members... I wouldn't want your job for anything. Thank you for doing it!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You sure that is INGO-worthy? I think it is the booze comment:

The first comment was the guy who shot the video. ...but if he had been an INGO member we would have been treated to "Pancake lovers brutalized by police for exercising the freedom of speech" already

The second was a Reddit comment....and alcohol seemed to have fueled many of my friends through law school...and they're​ not constitutional scholars, but at least they graduated from law school.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I was kind of surprised that he wasn't a little more forceful with her though. Why keep repeating "stop resisting" and " give me your other arm"? Do what you have to to subdue her and throw her in the back of the car, then deal with the idiot shouting and cussing at you, and the rest that can't understand to stay back away from you and your detainee.
    Likely because he knew the guy was filming and he didn't want to be the feature of news articles with the title of excessive force or police brutality. Even though he would have been justified, the media has a way of twisting things way out of proportion, so he played it VERY safe, gave them chance after chance after chance to straighten up and act right, and only took measure that were necessary after all those chances had been given. He was also at risk of inciting a riot with so many drunks around and at least one of them trying to stir up trouble, his exercise of extreme patience & tolerance was likely at least partially due to that.

I think he exercised great caution in handling the situation; he single handedly arrested the suspect while keeping the hoards of drunk, emotional people at bay, while some of them were trying to incite a riot.... situation was handled very well considering the totality of the circumstances.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Why keep repeating "stop resisting" and " give me your other arm"? Do what you have to to subdue her and throw her in the back of the car...

Likely because he knew the guy was filming and he didn't want to be the feature of news articles with the title of excessive force or police brutality. Even though he would have been justified, the media has a way of twisting things way out of proportion, so he played it VERY safe...

Gotta agree that he was acting for the camera. Much like many of us are told to use the phrase, I was in fear for my life.

All that said, what wonderful restraint in a tense situation. A true professional.

Top Bottom