• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    They've been rubbing here since middle week of September. Few big trees are started to get hit now. Found a ton of fresh scrapes today. All in time for a good Indian summer next week.:noway:

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    This little guy was clearly rubbing and sparring and got himself into a predicament. After I was able to close the distance and grab his antlers it took me 10 minutes to cut him loose. Trying to keep him stable and cut him loose wore me right out - but he lives another day and will perhaps supply someone with a thrill this season.

Deer caught in hammock near Monon Center - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    They've been rubbing here since middle week of September. Few big trees are started to get hit now. Found a ton of fresh scrapes today. All in time for a good Indian summer next week.:noway:

Same here. Couldn't believe it when I saw the buck we've had in the yard all summer had strips of velvet hanging off his antlers the weekend of Sept 10-11. He was even showing some interest in the does 2 weeks ago.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Ive been finding rubs and scrapes for the last few weeks. Opening morning i had a small 7pt make a scrape about 35 yards from me. alast year the rut was early in my area. I seen two little bucks sparring the first weekend. Most of the big bucks i have taken have been in October. I have never shot a big buck past the first weekend of guns season. The new moon is October 30.. Thats should be a really good week for hunting..

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Ive been finding rubs and scrapes for the last few weeks. Opening morning i had a small 7pt make a scrape about 35 yards from me. alast year the rut was early in my area. I seen two little bucks sparring the first weekend. Most of the big bucks i have taken have been in October. I have never shot a big buck past the first weekend of guns season. The new moon is October 30.. Thats should be a really good week for hunting..

I love hunting the day after the new moon. Something about that day puts deer on their feet. Looking forward to Halloween!!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    it's colder then usual so they are getting back to when I was younger. When I wa a kid, this would already be into warm coat weather and there would be rubs all aover the place. I must be getting old too but this seems more like a normal season to me. MAYBE I will finally see a White Christmas! again. :)

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I set up a stand in parke county today on three rubs. A buck was seen in the corner of the field when the beans were harvested. Took a thorn to the eye ducking a branch on my way in. Pretty good scratch on my eye and it was a eye opener for my kids at urgent care. The doc checking my eye then putting all kinds of crap in my eye. He gave me a tetanus shot and a flu shot. Photo bucket sucks and ingo needs a better way to upload photos. I've got several pics of the rubs and new deer highway I am set up on.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I started seeing rubs mid-September, and they have really accelerated in the last couple weeks. I have no fewer than fifty rubs on my <30 acre property, and have seen 2, maybe 3 small scrapes (though none were fresh when I checked them).

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Older bucks start making rubs right after shedding their velvet and they tend to shed first, usually in early September. Younger bucks start rubbing later and are starting to get cranked up now. Scrapes are also starting to appear now but based on trail cam activity most are 1.5 year old bucks with a few 2.5 and 3.5 year olds showing up from time to time but no old bucks yet.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Had a big 10 chase a doe through my yard yesterday on our way to church. Pulled one camera and have 11 different bucks on one scrape. All in time for some nice 85degree heat the next 3 days.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    So this is my first year for a deer cam and let me just say that I am ABSOLUTELY amazed by how awair the deer are about their surroundings. I have had three out of the four deer that I camed actually come up and sniff it and check it out. One looked at it, passed by it, came back in and walked up to it to get a better look.

I would have never guessed that with all the woods they walk through during the day that a small little box would draw so much attention?

Top Bottom