• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    "Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."

- Captain Levi Preston of Danvers, Massachusetts, interviewed about his participation in the first battle of the American Revolution many years later, at the age of 91, around 1843
    [SUP][/SUP]

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    :yesway: He should be there for a bit on Saturday but can't stay for the entire event.

That's pretty cool. My son (the one who will be there this weekend) wrote to him when he was working on his "Citizenship in the Nation" badge for Boy Scouts, and he (or his staff) wrote a really nice letter back.

Is he coming as a politician or a participant?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That's pretty cool. My son (the one who will be there this weekend) wrote to him when he was working on his "Citizenship in the Nation" badge for Boy Scouts, and he (or his staff) wrote a really nice letter back.

Is he coming as a politician or a participant?

We may take the opportunity to inquire of his unique perspective on civic engagement before he leaves, but he is a participant and planning to bring his AR15 to the line.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    We may take the opportunity to inquire of his unique perspective on civic engagement before he leaves, but he is a participant and planning to bring his AR15 to the line.

I was really interested in hearing what he thought of the pro civic engagement stance in RR, as well as any additional perspective he might have on being more active in the community. Still really interested in hearing the stories/speech from RR, since this is my first event with the new title.

Hopefully he shows up early to learn the fundamentals of NPOA (in the off chance he has not done so prior).

My son wrote to Jeff Thompson for his merit badge, but hasn't yet heard back :(

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Great shoot today! Congressman Rokita came by and gave a great discourse on civic engagement, but sadly it didn't rain long enough for me to get the pink digital camo mankini out.....you're welcome Robby. But hey tomorrow is a new day and another chance for rain.

Top Bottom