• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Today is going to be a rough day. I lost my dad on July 6th and because my mother was also hospitalized we had to wait on services. So today is the day. I finally get to lay my dad to rest.
    My dad and I didn't always see eye to eye because I am so much like him. But he's my dad always and lol always love him.
    He was my go to for repairing things and in the end I was the one repairing things at the house.
    Dad had various health issues but I believe that the Dementia he had started showing signs of was made worse by this Covid crap.
    I have fond memories of my dad and Mom gave me his 38 revolver that he had hidden. It will go in the safe with Grandpas ole shotgun with hopes that one of my kids choose to hang on to them when I go.
    Sorry for the long post. Just feeling sad today.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I can empathize with the sadness over losing a parent due to dementia. I lost my Mother in Nov. 2020 due to complications from dementia and it broke my heart to witness everything she went through. Hang on to the memories of all the good times and try the best to not dwell on the sadness.

Trust in the Lord to bring solace in times of need.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sorry to hear this. My dad has been having some medical issues of late, just when we thought we were getting my mom's medical issues somewhat at least stabilized. The pandemic certainly did not make things easier and in my case physical distance has not either.

Hopefully you can recount some of the good times and influences he had on your life today.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Hang in there. We said goodby to Dad in 2013, after five months of hospice care. The memories you carry will be a comfort in the years ahead. I think about my Dad every day. He was a weird little man with a heart of gold.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Sorry, man.

I moved recently in order to be closer to my parents. Every day we spend doing stuff together I try to deliberately remember and value, because I know one day those memories are all I'll have.

Top Bottom