• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    As some of you may know, I will very soon be purchasing my first 9mm handgun. Just looking for the right deal ;)

Now, I have a couple of rookie questions.

Will I need a LTCH if I just take it to the range? For now, I don't plan on carrying it as a CC, OC firearm, I just want to take it to the range every now and again. Is it legal for me to just transport the firearm to and from the range in a case in the trunk? Do I need a license for that?

Also, if I happen to find a good deal here on INGO, in the classifieds, do I need to do any paperwork in purchasing the firearm? Can I just meet them, trade cash for the gun and go? Any forms I should bring/ fill out?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    If you take your handgun off of your property, you need a permit. You can either obtain a Hunting and Target permit, or a Concealed Carry permit. The concealed permit can be either a 4 year, or lifetime permit, and cost will vary depending on which type you get. I honestly don't know how much a hunting/target permit costs, or how long it is good for. Even if you get the concealed permit, it allows you to carry to and from the range without going through all the hassle of putting your gun out of reach, and hidden away for the trip. My opinion, spend the extra for a lifetime concealed permit...you may decide to carry in the future.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You do not need a license to transport:
    Home from shop
    To a shop for work/repairs
    To the range.
    Loaded and holstered on property you either own, or have express permission from the owner.

You DO need a permit to carry loaded (and holstered preferably) anywhere off your property, public, or anywhere that carry is not prohibited.

Might as well get the LTCH as well :)

Top Bottom