• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The title is misleading... it suggests that Ron is diminishing the severity of the bombings; which he isn't. He isn't comparing two single incidents but rather weighing the affects of "The Police State and Foreign Terrorism" and theorizing which one will affect the country more in the long run.

What he does say is:
    “This unprecedented move [of militarily occupying Boston] should frighten us as much or more than the attack itself.”

...of which I would agree with him. The police state is much more threatening to the American lifestyle than terrorism.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    I think all the surveillance apparatus also has shown that it is not for prevention as was promised but rather for after the fact prosecution and the furthering of the police state.

:twocents:

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Do I think Paul is correct?

Yes.

The state has done more to erode individual liberty in the republic than has any terrorist.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I was quite disturbed by the warrant less searches of private citizens. Seemed to be a show of force by the police. It demonstrated why we need our second amendment!

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    And he was tossed aside in the primary for a warmonger.

"The republicans have to win to effect change."

"You have to have a candidate with broad appeal to win."

"A vote for Paul is a vote for barry."

You know the bleating, er, saying.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    The title is misleading... it suggests that Ron is diminishing the severity of the bombings; which he isn't. He isn't comparing two single incidents but rather weighing the affects of "The Police State and Foreign Terrorism" and theorizing which one will affect the country more in the long run.

What he does say is:
    “This unprecedented move [of militarily occupying Boston] should frighten us as much or more than the attack itself.”

...of which I would agree with him. The police state is much more threatening to the American lifestyle than terrorism.

Totally agree with you on this. Problem is sometimes Ron Paul is just well Ron Paul. This is the exact type of thing I brought up during the campaign, while he might be right his mouth gets him in trouble. Why would he even feel the need to comment on this?:dunno:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Totally agree with you on this. Problem is sometimes Ron Paul is just well Ron Paul. This is the exact type of thing I brought up during the campaign, while he might be right his mouth gets him in trouble. Why would he even feel the need to comment on this?:dunno:

Pointing out perceived violations of liberty is his pet project, or maybe even his life's passion; his runs for PotUS were likely more about this than actually trying to win.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I didn't know that there was anyone out there that still listened to what Ron Paul had to say?:dunno:

Perhaps, but there have been plenty of people in history who were right regardless of the fact they were largely ignored by those around them.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso

What he does say is:

This. Title is misleading, I agree.

:yesway: Ron Paul, he is very right.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ron Paul linked to my youtube account. mind=blown[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] :n00b:

[/FONT] Liberty Was Also Attacked in Boston by Ron Paul

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Forced lockdown of a city. Militarized police riding tanks in the streets. Door-to-door armed searches without warrant. Families thrown out of their homes at gunpoint to be searched without probable cause. Businesses forced to close. Transport shut down.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]These were not the scenes from a military coup in a far off banana republic, but rather the scenes just over a week ago in Boston as the United States got a taste of martial law. The ostensible reason for the military-style takeover of parts of Boston was that the accused perpetrator of a horrific crime was on the loose. The Boston bombing provided the opportunity for the government to turn what should have been a police investigation into a military-style occupation of an American city. This unprecedented move should frighten us as much or more than the attack itself.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    "The republicans have to win to effect change."

"You have to have a candidate with broad appeal to win."

"A vote for Paul is a vote for barry."

You know the bleating, er, saying.

Here is an even crazier one for, "you have to get the most votes to win an election."*

* Except in electoral college situation.

Top Bottom