• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Does anyone here roll your own cigarettes? I am tired of spending $600 a month on cigarettes.......so I am gonna start rolling my own, lol. I am just looking for suggestions on a machine and possibly different tobacco you use.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Rolled my own for 27 years, Tops and Bugler were my go to's back then. If you want filtered theres machines for that and thats the way to go, but if you don't mind, learning to roll with yer fingers is best.

For about the last year I have been making nasal snuff and I use OHM or High Card, like 6.99-8.99 for 6 ozs if I recall correctly. A little Prince Albert is a nice treat now and then too.

Average cigarette weighs a gram so that would put it at about 8.4 packs of 20 per 6oz pouch

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I quit back in 99. I remember I got mad when a carton went up to 18 bucks. If I still smoked I'm sure I would most certainly roll my own. I was up to 3 packs a day (Marlboro Reds) before I quit. You smokers get treated like Lepers now too. I always say, "The dumbest thing I ever did was start smoking, and, the smartest thing I ever did was quit smoking". (started smoking in college). :facepalm:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Yeah, I usually smoke 2 packs a day and the wife 1. She is picky, a red head and been with her 37 years, so figure a lot less painful to just let her keep her Marlboro Lights. But I will smoke anything, heck....half of them just burn up in ash tray anyway.

Nasal Snuff.....Nicotine salt.......you guys really have me wondering what that stuff is now. I will be googling that.

Really helpful to know how many cigs can be made from a pound of tobacco....I was wondering about that. Seems like Bugler is popular. I was told if I buy 1 pound of Golden Harvest Robust and 1 Natural, mix them together and use a Premier King Size Light filter tube, it will taste just like a Marlboro Light. $25 Tobacco, $20 Filter tubes......1 gram each is less than $1 a pack.

Now I just need to decide whether I want a a manual crank rolling machine or one of them fancy electric automatic models....

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is what I use. A tank lasts more than a day and the coil last more or less a week.

Plenty of juice flavors to choose from. I prefer the fruit and custard flavors. I went from two packs a day to two cigarettes a day.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The easiest way is to get an injector machine. A decent one is the Top-O-Matic manual which goes for about $45. Stay away from the electric one, they don't work so well. Depending on use you'll get a year or two before you need to replace it.

Cigarette tubes go for about $2.50 to 3.00 for a box of 250, ZEN's are a decent brand.

Tobacco is what every you want to try. The trick on tobacco is to get the pipe cut which is considerably cheaper due the way tobacco is taxed, (about half) should be about $16 to $18 a pound. The same amount of tobacco in cigarette cut would be about $35 or more a pound. The down side is that the pipe cut is a little harder to use but with a bit of practice it will make a good cigarette. A pound a tobacco makes about 25 packs.

Go to a decent tobacco shop, they will walk you through what you need to get started.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This is what I use. A tank lasts more than a day and the coil last more or less a week.

Plenty of juice flavors to choose from. I prefer the fruit and custard flavors. I went from two packs a day to two cigarettes a day.
    Vape got me off tobacco. I was dipping copenhagen for years, and when I wasn’t doing that, I was smoking. If I had a few beers, I would dip AND smoke. A 120 mg bottle of nicotine lasts me a few weeks and costs $40.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The easiest way is to get an injector machine. A decent one is the Top-O-Matic manual which goes for about $45. Stay away from the electric one, they don't work so well. Depending on use you'll get a year or two before you need to replace it.

Cigarette tubes go for about $2.50 to 3.00 for a box of 250, ZEN's are a decent brand.

Tobacco is what every you want to try. The trick on tobacco is to get the pipe cut which is considerably cheaper due the way tobacco is taxed, (about half) should be about $16 to $18 a pound. The same amount of tobacco in cigarette cut would be about $35 or more a pound. The down side is that the pipe cut is a little harder to use but with a bit of practice it will make a good cigarette. A pound a tobacco makes about 25 packs.

Go to a decent tobacco shop, they will walk you through what you need to get started.
    The top-o-matic is what I use. There are a couple of different ones, zig-zag is pretty good as well. There is another one I can't remember the name that is much cheaper, but it's plastic and will break much sooner than the others. The top has a list of replacement parts you can buy for it, pretty much everything but the body itself.

For the "pipe" tobacco that I've used, I haven't really noticed any difference in the cut compared to "cigarette" tobacco. Just the cost. There is no regulation on what is pipe or cigarette tobacco other than what the manufacturers call it. And federal tax on pipe tobacco is closer to a 1/10 than half of cigarette. $2.83 per lb for pipe and $24.78 for cigarette

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    ok, I usually go thru about 20 packs a week between me and the wife......$160. This week I bought 4 packs @ $8, a pound of tobacco $12 and a carton of filters $5. $49 total........and I still have enough to last me another week.

While quitting would be best.......at least this makes me able to afford gas, lol.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I rolled my own about 15 years ago before I quit. I tried a rolling machine, but to be honest, I could hand roll faster and just as well.
    Most of the people here aren't talking about actually "rolling" cigarettes. You buy premade tubes with a filter and inject tobacco into them. I can make a pack of smokes in about 5 minutes or so without really hurrying.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ok, I usually go thru about 20 packs a week between me and the wife......$160. This week I bought 4 packs @ $8, a pound of tobacco $12 and a carton of filters $5. $49 total........and I still have enough to last me another week.

While quitting would be best.......at least this makes me able to afford gas, lol.
    CKW finally took the hint and just stopped. About a pack day for years.
    She just had enough and stopped. Was not even that rough a time although there were occasional cravings.
    I never started that **** habit. So stopping was real easy for me…:):

Top Bottom