• ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Got five calls today, all different numbers. I never get robocalls but that changed today. All of them said that my Soc Sec number had been flagged for suspicious and fraudulent actions and if did nothing that they would cease my IT benefits. Don't even know what that is. When the lady is finished telling me this the "computer generated voice" says-sooooo, if you want to find out more press 1. LOL. Thats where I hung up. Called each number back and 4 numbers don't exist but the 5th rings into Miami Co courthouse , (is someone going to kill me so I vote democrat:rolleyes:). Courthouse says they don't send out these calls. Anyone else getting these?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I never answer calls that caller ID shows "Unknown Name". I usually get a couple every few days. None leave messages so I am sure they are all scams.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    SS will not call you. IRS will not call you.
    Yes and if you get them "Scream" into the phone as you hang up. It makes no diff but you might feel better for being bothered by a scam out of India.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I rarely answer the phone if it doesn't show up as one of my contacts, but when I do, and it's one of those type of calls or even just some sales pitch from a live person, I usually tell them to eat a big bowl of **** q's and hang up

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I work for a small utility and don't really have a choice but to answer the phone. I instead have bookmaked the following YouTube video, crank the volume up to 100 and place the receiver at the speaker of my computer...
    [video=youtube_share;gsNaR6FRuO0]http://youtu.be/gsNaR6FRuO0[/video]

I'm sure it has gotten my number sold to countless scumbags, but it provides me a moment of joy in the midst of my anger. :D

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    I never answer numbers I don't recognize. I figure if they don't leave a message, then it's not important.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lots of calls to both numbers started a couple weeks ago...???

Wonder how many times the pollsters listed me as a vote for Joe/Kamala. Maybe they went ahead and filled out the ballot for me?

Anyone that actually knows me knows to leave a message.

I've actually considered changing my VM message to "Unidentified numbers do not ever get answered. Please leave message."

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I used to get frustrated now I always push 1 to get “Steve” from Pakistan asking if I’m interested in lowering my interest rates.

That’s when I use my British voice of an old lady asking if it’s Timmy and when he’s coming to cut the lawn before I fall a break a hip. The longer I keep them on the line the more I enjoy it.

It even better if your with someone that doesn’t know anything about the hoax. After you finish the call the second fun begins as they ask you what just happened?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Used to have an uncle who would answer the phone as Sheriff Harry Schnottzlinger (4th generation accent and all) at Fayette County to tell them the chicken ranch was having a sale.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I used to get frustrated now I always push 1 to get “Steve” from Pakistan asking if I’m interested in lowering my interest rates.

That’s when I use my British voice of an old lady asking if it’s Timmy and when he’s coming to cut the lawn before I fall a break a hip. The longer I keep them on the line the more I enjoy it.

It even better if your with someone that doesn’t know anything about the hoax. After you finish the call the second fun begins as they ask you what just happened?

Dude. We need to hang out.

Top Bottom