• tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    And That is why I Carry!
    Just introduce him to my 2 Friends: Mr Smith & Mr Wesson
    Not that it would Justify the Punches; however, it Would be interesting to know what happened Before this Assault.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I can't tell for sure what went on between the 2 earlier, but in the last week, I have had 2 situations on highways where I have been traveling the speed of traffic which was somewhat in excess of the posted speed limit, and motorcycles shot between between my vehicle and the vehicle next to me going about 20 to 30 mph fast than us. In one instance there were 2 motorcycle that did that and they were going around 90 mph when we were at 65-70 mph.

The second instance was on 80/94 and I was in the Kennedy exit only lane. It was one of the few times traffic was moving well. The biker passed between me and a semi at speed and swerved back onto the freeway from between my lane and the semi's lane in front of the semi just before the physical barrier separating the exit lane from the freeway.

This isn't lane splitting in traffic standing nearly still, this is death wish material.

I have been a rider for a while. I have no ill will against bikers, but people who ride like that are going to get themselves killed and give us all a bad name. Cagers may not see us...but that should cause us to be more careful, not less.

What happened here? Damned if I know, but if someone said the bikers were darting between lanes and then got PO'd when the Mercedes driver changed lanes as they were darting, blocking where they were headed, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Of course, the Mercedes driver could have been in the wrong to begin with...but that doesn't justify the rampant assholery on display in the video. It may not be the best way to evaluate things, but the stop light a-hole behavior makes it easier for me to believe that there was riding a-hole behavior beforehand.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Being alive and pulling up next to me with bad intent and throwing hands through my window will get you the right to be dead pretty quickly.
    Hopefully you know how to eat a few blows to the face/head before you get a chance to fire. Action always beat reaction. Being able to think with your high brain when concussed is something you have to train for. Sadly, it's a skill that has been lost on the younger generations (not that you are) as they've never even has a cross word with someone, let alone in a physical fight. Older generations know what it's like to get punched in the face and how to fight through it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hopefully you know how to eat a few blows to the face/head before you get a chance to fire. Action always beat reaction. Being able to think with your high brain when concussed is something you have to train for. Sadly, it's a skill that has been lost on the younger generations (not that you are) as they've never even has a cross word with someone, let alone in a physical fight. Older generations know what it's like to get punched in the face and how to fight through it.
    I'm 62 and hopefully situationally aware in that circumstance. Rolling down a window was a poorly chosen course of action in any case.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    On the one hand I really want to explore training like this but on the other hand it sounds like it could hurt!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Car vs bike. It’s a simple choice for me to let State Farm handle it.
    Yes. When it comes to road rage in some situations, at times you vehicle can be a far better defensive item then a sidearm.

People can be jackholes, had one idiot stop in front of me and get out of his car to try and confront me for something. I have no clue what, maybe he got the wrong car? Anyway I didn't like the manner he was approaching so I moved my car at him, a feint to make him think I was going to run him over. He panics and does an ungraceful arseplant on the concrete. I then made my left turn, which was what I wanted to do in the first place, but cars were oncoming before but thankfully clear now, and left him to his stupidity.

No one gets to approach my car like that unless your Law Enforcement..

Last edited:

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Hopefully you know how to eat a few blows to the face/head before you get a chance to fire. Action always beat reaction. Being able to think with your high brain when concussed is something you have to train for. ... [some] know what it's like to get punched in the face and how to fight through it.
    Truer words... Most people just can't imagine that might actually get hit. Then the bad code in their software locks up their whole system when they do.

On top of that, those with enough awareness and engage their sidearm into the fight (soon enough to matter), would likely be aware enough to engage the gas pedal and steering wheel as soon as the guy started to get off his bike.

I've developed a strong aversion to being in the place where the blows are heading, and a stronger aversion to staying there!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They should never be allowed to get anywhere close enough to throw punches when your in a car.

Your a MORON if you get off/ out of your ride to approach a car on foot from any direction. The car your approaching can hurt you BAD if the driver is on point.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    On the one hand I really want to explore training like this but on the other hand it sounds like it could hurt!
    :) Old school martial arts gloves and a reasonable partner. Firm enough to jiggle your brain matter and rattle you up, soft enough not to really injure anyone. Oh - and you can grab with them. Just learning to deal with the seat belt in an 'urgent' situation might be worth it.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When we were kids, we boxed. I had the only pair of gloves in the neighborhood but I was left handed, so I would wear the left glove and my buddies would wear the right. The rule was you could only block with your ungloved hand and punch with the gloved one.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Didn't Indiana modify the law some years back so that your car is effectively your 'dwelling or cartilage' from a defense perspective? Something about right to protect oneself from carjacking situation? I really don't know, but would appreciate it someone here would point the right direction.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Didn't Indiana modify the law some years back so that your car is effectively your 'dwelling or cartilage' from a defense perspective? Something about right to protect oneself from carjacking situation? I really don't know, but would appreciate it someone here would point the right direction.
    I believe you are correct. (although it's "curtilage" ;))

Top Bottom