• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yep. but when the guy finds an opening and tries to go around, you dont accelerate to further c**k block him again. Let it go.
    If I were on a jury watching that, that acceleration would be what made me vote to penalize that pickup driver. I mean, pacing is one thing. (still a jerk move) But to prolong it and go well out of your way to keep it going is a bridge too far.
    I do get it. I'm sick to freaking death of ****bag behavior literally everywhere and never any consequences. But when you appoint yourself voluntary law enforcement, the bad guy gets a vote too. You can decide when it starts but you can't always decide when it ends.

Besides. I hate wrecking cars. Been in enough car wrecks already to last the rest of my life. Put too many cars back together to be interested in wrecking more.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    I always worry Im going to nails in my expensive tires when I have to pass a left lane loser on the shoulder.

A blind spot monitor always chirps the radar detector when I in the middle of the maneuver. One day Ill get caught and have to spend $1500 to get out of it. Haven’t had a moving violation since 2004.

Cops don’t ticket or stop the left lane losers so we are left to solve it ourselves just like everyone on the phone. They are all off turning broken lights into drug investigations. No time for actually enforcing traffic laws to keep people safe.

ae071d61104d7d20755c681b649f8b6e.jpg

7b5b29bd08500c9238f47a4731e44ace.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some people let their ego hijack their rational brain. Often by doing something obviously unsafe because "that guy is being unsafe" and not even realizing the idiocy of that thinking. Add in the relative anonymity of being in a metal box and not face to face with the adversary and little dick guys can feel like big dick guys by "winning" some completely meaningless "competition" and in ways they never would in fist swinging distance. Same basic principal as its much easier psychologically to push a button in an airplane to kill dozens of people vs bayonetting them. The machine lets people disassociate from the act.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    For white truck guy he needs to remember that...

Passive Aggressive driving is still Aggressive driving.

I have been known to be white truck guy closing a passing gap if I don't feel there is room to dive into my hole of cushion in front of me.

And if someone is tailgating they get my brake lights although I keep my foot on the accelerator. Kind of a modified brake check to create some distance behind me without the risk of getting rear ended.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yep. but when the guy finds an opening and tries to go around, you dont accelerate to further c**k block him again. Let it go.
    If I were on a jury watching that, that acceleration would be what made me vote to penalize that pickup driver. I mean, pacing is one thing. (still a jerk move) But to prolong it and go well out of your way to keep it going is a bridge too far.
    That "pacing" is per se unlawful in Indiana when it impedes the flow of faster traffic.

Regardless: road rage and reckless driving aren't the way to handle the situation.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That "pacing" is per se unlawful in Indiana when it impedes the flow of faster traffic.

Regardless: road rage and reckless driving aren't the way to handle the situation.
    People are a-holes. I experienced a mild version of this once each yesterday and today. I had to make a run to Columbus and back.
    Cruise it set at 76 and I overtake a car doing 70 in the left lane. I signal and merge right and by the time I am even with them I am no longer passing them. :xmad: I have to take it to 80+ to actually pass them. One continued to shadow me, the other finally fell back to original speed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    People are a-holes. I experienced a mild version of this once each yesterday and today. I had to make a run to Columbus and back.
    Cruise it set at 76 and I overtake a car doing 70 in the left lane. I signal and merge right and by the time I am even with them I am no longer passing them. :xmad: I have to take it to 80+ to actually pass them. One continued to shadow me, the other finally fell back to original speed.
    I see that a lot. My theory is those people are not using their cruise control. They subconsciously keep up with the traffic around them. It’s only when they finally notice they’re going over 80 to keep up with you, they let off.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I see that a lot. My theory is those people are not using their cruise control. They subconsciously keep up with the traffic around them. It’s only when they finally notice they’re going over 80 to keep up with you, they let off.
    Makes sense. They already arent thinking by cruising in the passing lane...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Many are on their phones and only using peripheral vision, they are reacting to that sense someone is near. Then when circumstances pull them out of their inattentive state, they get pizzed and often aggressive.

Top Bottom