Road rage and self-absorbed douchery on the roadway on the rise?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I have a ding city WOLO bell that I use when lights turn green but the cars won't go. I get pedestrians attention with it when they are on the phone not paying attention, and use it when passing a car that is on the side of the road like FedEx, UPS, or USPS. I try to stop while I can still see the car's tires. Most important thing you can add to your car is a dash cam with a second camera to film behind you. I even run cameras on my latest bike. I just ordered 5 air horns for the bike. The other one has 2.

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    Here's one that I've observed more and more since moving back to Indiana. So much so that I've dubbed it "The Indiana Turn."

Basically it is where you slow down rapidly for no apparent reason. The you start making a turn either left or right, and THEN turn your turn signal on.

I figure it is because the idiot just needs the tic-tic-tic and blinking light as a reminder to straighten up the steering wheel after completing the turn to help keep them from running off the road from getting distracted when their wheels are chocked hard left/right. Otherwise why bother right?

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Here's one that I've observed more and more since moving back to Indiana. So much so that I've dubbed it "The Indiana Turn."

Basically it is where you slow down rapidly for no apparent reason. The you start making a turn either left or right, and THEN turn your turn signal on.

I figure it is because the idiot just needs the tic-tic-tic and blinking light as a reminder to straighten up the steering wheel after completing the turn to help keep them from running off the road from getting distracted when their wheels are chocked hard left/right. Otherwise why bother right?

The vehicle suddenly leaves the right lane as if to pass an invisible vehicle, then slows down and turns left. I've never seen that anywhere but Indiana either.

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    The vehicle suddenly leaves the right lane as if to pass an invisible vehicle, then slows down and turns left. I've never seen that anywhere but Indiana either.
    As long as they signal doing it, and no oncoming traffic, it is a courtesy to let the driver behind them maintain speed and go on their way.

No signal and/or oncoming traffic is a sign of the genetic degradation from livestock in the family tree.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    As long as they signal doing it, and no oncoming traffic, it is a courtesy to let the driver behind them maintain speed and go on their way.

No signal and/or oncoming traffic is a sign of the genetic degradation from livestock in the family tree.

I put it in the same category as oncoming traffic that stops in the left lane when I'm making a left turn. It's a courtesy I could do without. Everybody gets to go if traffic keeps moving.

Edit: And it also doesn't lead the person that comes up behind them to assume they're also turning and attempt a pass and cause an accident.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ya gotta ask yourself, just how much over the speed limit should I drive to please you? The answer is: "It ain't happenin'!" :cool:

It pleases me that I annoy you with my closeness to your bumper. Next time you look in your mirror, it's me grinning at you... ;)

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I hate the recent trend of people stopping half to a car length or more behind the white lines. I mean, the line is there for a reason, so you know how far to go before you need to stop. Being too far back is just idiotic.
    I've seen this person. "I will stop 70 feet back of the line, because I'm not going to put my visor up to see the light, just to have to put it back down again."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've seen this person. "I will stop 70 feet back of the line, because I'm not going to put my visor up to see the light, just to have to put it back down again."

Might have been the same person I seen today? World revolves around them. :rolleyes:

In Ellettsville, a busy four lane with turn/merge lane in the middle. I finally found a gap in traffic to turn left into the merge lane and some grey haired dumbass in a KIA SUV, living in the left lane, wouldn't think of pulling into the open right lane, where he should have been in the first place. Dude wasn't keeping pace with other traffic, eyes were forward and to the dash (speedometer?) No clue that there was traffic around him, much less any consideration for them. I finally had to slow and let the idiot go by, then pass him on the wrong side. :n00b:

Last edited:

Jr1010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    Lake county
    I moved out here last year. It's ridiculous how many people will either-
    whip out in front of you just to slowly accelerate, with no one behind you for a mile...
    think it's ok to do 50 in the left lane of a 70, and half of those people are out of state with a trailer.
    Camp in the left lane and get mad when you beep or pass.

Doesn't Indiana have a slowpoke law for the left lane?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the short drive to the clinic and back home yesterday I counted 9 idiots with no regard for anyone around them. 2 were zipping in and out of traffic like Ricky ****ing racer only to be stopped by the next light. 1 of them just started running the clearly red lights in his rush to get to the drug dealer. Thats all I figure would drive him that hard.

I can track this back to a speech our worthless POS mayor gave during the Gov generated lock down. He stated that IMPD would no longer be stopping us for minor traffic violations. Then right after hie worthless pie hole spewed this we suddenly stopped seeing LEO cruising the streets. People went nuts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I moved out here last year. It's ridiculous how many people will either-
    whip out in front of you just to slowly accelerate, with no one behind you for a mile...
    think it's ok to do 50 in the left lane of a 70, and half of those people are out of state with a trailer.
    Camp in the left lane and get mad when you beep or pass.

Doesn't Indiana have a slowpoke law for the left lane?
    Yes, but not unlike the stack of laws we already have that are not enforced this is just one of the latest. Big trucks are not supposed to even be in the left lane on a 3 lane. But they are.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I just drive with my emergency flashers on. Am I going left? Am I going right? Either way I'm covered! ;)
    This is a big issue the Mid-Atlantic and Smokies... Like VA, NC, SC, even east TN. When visibility is low due to fog or whatever they'll keep doing 90 but turn on their hazards like that is going to help! You still can't see past your own hood so slow the F down! And they wonder why they have 100 car pileups.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Big trucks are not supposed to even be in the left lane on a 3 lane. But they are.
    Not disagreeing but this one is ambiguous or at least not accurately marked so it's inconsistently enforced. For out of state truckers, there's no signs on 465 that specifically prohibit trucks in the left lane. Furthermore, there are several interchanges which require trucks to use the left lane to merge or exit yet no signs indicate when the no trucks left lane prohibition begins or ends. The only signage is trucks and vehicles with trailers use right 2 lanes where 3 or more lanes continue through. This is the same language on two lanes where trucks and vehicles with trailers are to use the right lane. Now does this constitute a prohibition on trucks in the left lane, even to pass slower traffic in the right lane? If so then all traffic would be bottlenecked by the slowest moving vehicle in the road. Clearly therefore the language of that sign isn't necessarily a prohibition but simply a reinforcement of the Keep Right Pass Left motto so many have forgotten or maybe never been taught in the first place.

As a comparison, when trucks travel across I-270 in St. Louis, there's a specific language that says no trucks over xx weight in left lane. In Knoxville and Atlanta there's a prohibition on trucks over 3 axles or six wheels in the left lane yet I constantly see pickups with trailers flying up the left lane. My weekly route in TN/NC has a 25 mile stretch of truck speed limit 50mph AND no trucks left lane that is both signed and marked in the pavement periodically yet trucks continually use the left lane anyways because some heavy truck is lumbering up the grade at 20mph and we'll end up with a 20 mile backup if no one goes around. Yet the intent is that a truck doing 22mph doesn't get in the left and spend an hour trying to pass the 20mph truck, thereby causing said backup.

For our local amateur racetrack, I mean 465, the problem isn't so much the trucks in the left lane as much as it is the speed of all traffic averaging 75mph when it's clearly only 55mph. I've even seen trucks doing 70-75 on 465 and they're emboldened to do so because of virtually no traffic enforcement. The only times I see anyone at all pulled over on 465 is holiday weekends when LEO departments can make good money ticketing out of state motorists.

Top Bottom