• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B-riggzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Kokomo
    Here in Ohio I have bought trucks in less time and lot less aggravation than buying a gun from a RK store. Has anyone here done their "online only" purchases? I imagine it would just add to the misery.
    They are always so damn busy @ the Kokomo Store. And yes the Online buys take forever, along with the processing times as well! They used to be super cheap on almost everything, now they are raising the prices. I’ll be at the local gun store

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You have an interesting philosophy. Where do you draw the line between “showrooming is ok” vs. “showrooming is not ok”? Size of the business, LGS’s only, spent more than 5 minutes looking and/or asking 3 or more questions of the more expensive business, something else? If I want to test drive a vehicle, I’ll go to the closest dealer I can, but if he refuses to get within $2000 of the price of a car dealer 50 miles away, I won’t feel bad at all buying from the cheaper dealer even if that can be considered showrooming.
    Not my line to draw. Everyone has to live with what they are comfortable with. For me that means I never go look at something at a place I have no intention of buying from. If one has already found and made a great deal on a truck in another state and they go to the dealer in Indy just to drive the model that is too far for me. That may not be others standard.

My intention was not to start a big debate but to create awareness that if one wants the service they should do business where they get it, even if it is not the cheapest price…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not my line to draw. Everyone has to live with what they are comfortable with. For me that means I never go look at something at a place I have no intention of buying from. If one has already found and made a great deal on a truck in another state and they go to the dealer in Indy just to drive the model that is too far for me. That may not be others standard.

My intention was not to start a big debate but to create awareness that if one wants the service they should do business where they get it, even if it is not the cheapest price…
    Okay, how about this. You want a new pistol. You dutifully go to your favorite LGS and they have one. You ask to see it. You check it out. You like it, but you're still not sure. They're asking $1000 for it. You thank them and tell them you'll think about it. You go home, check your email, and lo and behold, you see an ad from Bud's Guns or some other online retailer and they just happen to have it on sale for $700. Do you buy from the local LGS because you touched their gun, or do you buy it from Bud's?

Third Strike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Bought several there and never any problems. I just have to remember to take a case and lock as the one I buy from is in close proximity to a school. I'm not expecting them to teach me anything so it's a similar experience as any other gun store.

Kevin9443

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Here in Ohio I have bought trucks in less time and lot less aggravation than buying a gun from a RK store. Has anyone here done their "online only" purchases? I imagine it would just add to the misery.
    I have bought several guns over the years from RK online, and it usually 10 to 13days for it to arrive at the store, and no less than 1hr to process the background and get them off their ass's to go get it. About a month ago I got there to pickup a purchase and I gave myself plenty of time. I ended up getting pissed off and left, because I never got to step 1 and I had already been there 45 minutes. I called their online and told them what happened and they refunded everything including the shipping.
    Then they proceeded to let the store manager know what happened. Of course the manager Michelle could give a crap less about customer service. It wasn't the first time I had had an issue with this particular location and this manager. She was an hour late one Saturday morning and she was over an hour late and the employees couldn't even get in the door.
    I get really good deals online sometimes and I just have to bite the bullet and wait.

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county
    Bought several guns from at least 3 different RKs and never had a major issue. Several were bought online during one of their "too cheap to pass up" sales. Other than an extended wait for one to be shipped, once there it was maybe a 20-30 minute process. Availability of a manager to retrieve a gun from storage, verify paperwork, and walk you out was probably the biggest delay. They just pointed to a laptop on a kiosk, I filled out the online 4473, they looked everything over, ran the NICS check, took my DL, and pretty soon the manager came back with my gun.

As for walking you out, even the managers are annoyed by it as they have to take time to do it. Several have told me it's ridiculous because RK allows carry in their stores, you could take the gun right out of the box once it's handed to you outside and walk right back in with it and they don't care. Apparently Law Schools show the Terminator gunshop scene to law students studying liability suits...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They just pointed to a laptop on a kiosk, I filled out the online 4473, they looked everything over, ran the NICS check, took my DL, and pretty soon the manager came back with my gun.
    My LGS has now gone to the online 4473. It's cool and all, but they really need to provide a mouse. I really suck at navigating things with a touchpad. :): It probably took me 3x as long to fill out the online form as opposed to the handwritten one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Pfft... I'm young enough to know how to figure out how to disable them (touchpads)! Well, on my home laptop anyhow. I called our helpdesk about my work laptop because it wouldn't let me disable it. Unfortunately, they couldn't do it either, even with administrative rights.

The reason I want it disabled is because I use a mouse, but if I'm typing, my wrists will sometimes hit the touchpad and make my cursor jump to somewhere I don't want it to be.

My solution: Cut a piece of corrugated cardboard the same size as the touchpad and tape it over the touchpad with painter's tape. Redneck helpdesk at your service! :lmfao:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Pfft... I'm young enough to know how to figure out how to disable them (touchpads)! Well, on my home laptop anyhow. I called our helpdesk about my work laptop because it wouldn't let me disable it. Unfortunately, they couldn't do it either, even with administrative rights.

The reason I want it disabled is because I use a mouse, but if I'm typing, my wrists will sometimes hit the touchpad and make my cursor jump to somewhere I don't want it to be.

My solution: Cut a piece of corrugated cardboard the same size as the touchpad and tape it over the touchpad with painter's tape. Redneck helpdesk at your service! :lmfao:
    I’m sure you are more computer literate than I am, I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to give you back some grief :lmfao:

TOD74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2022
    Camby
    The Rk in Greenwood had a counter guy that talked with me for a half an hour at least. Educated me on the operation of the various types of firearms etc. He gave me his opinion and was very friendly and knowledgeable, at least he seemed to be. I’m an uneducated newbie to this stuff .

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    The Rk in Greenwood had a counter guy that talked with me for a half an hour at least. Educated me on the operation of the various types of firearms etc. He gave me his opinion and was very friendly and knowledgeable, at least he seemed to be. I’m an uneducated newbie to this stuff .
    Whatever he told ya, erase from your memory. Not sure why I'm using purple

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You now owe him a blood debt.

:@ya:

Top Bottom