• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We have bacon one day per week, typically on Sunday mornings. Once and a while make bacon turkey club sandwhiches. Get the thick cut gourmet from Aldi's. It's fantastic.
    I love it too. When I was buying it, sometimes they had maple and other times they didn't. The applewood is good though. The peppered does not appeal to me at all.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I will admit, its been months since I've bough bacon at the store and made it myself. I have had it out for breakfast. I just can't get myself to pay $5 for a lb of bacon that shrivels up to nothing when you fry it.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    my grandpa beat that he was 101 and soped up the bacon grease with toast and ate it, called it bacon butter. Then me at 55 with a widow maker heart attack
    Probably has more to do with today`s livestock being pumped full of medications and steroids ..........
    Can`t imagine how good the bacon tasted back them ..... :):

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I will admit, its been months since I've bough bacon at the store and made it myself. I have had it out for breakfast. I just can't get myself to pay $5 for a lb of bacon that shrivels up to nothing when you fry it.

I picked up a 3-pack of Sam's brand a few weeks ago, 3 1-lb packages for $10.xx. We had breakfast for supper last night: eggs, bacon, sausage links, hash browns. And yup, the bacon shriveled up to 1/3 the size of pre-cooked. :xmad:

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    If you have an Aldi's near by try the Gourmet thick cut bacon. Not sure of the price. We're going to Aldi's shortly. I'll check on the price.

Top Bottom