Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Article is spot on. Don't eliminate it, evolve it to work with your employees and your environment. It was around long before Covid, and it will always be around.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This video explains exactly why this is happening:

F employers who pull this :poop:. Thankfully in my line of work there are still TONS of remote only positions available and I don't see that changing anytime soon. There are plenty of employers who don't have their heads firmly up their backsides and see the positives that remote workers provide. One of the best positives is that your hiring pool goes from a short distance around a physical location, to the entire US. This means you have a lot more qualified candidates to handle the work, being able to choose better candidates than just settling for what you can get. On top of that, some companies were smart enough to reduce the amount of office space rented, which is a positive for them. Thankfully for me, my industry is still very short on qualified people and my ultimate boss hasn't shown any hint of going back on his promise to let us remain remote.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Easy street? Are you one of those that thinks remote workers can't be productive?
    We recently went back to going to the office on Mondays. Everyone knows it's a joke and very little gets done on Mondays now. Whereas I would start at around 0430 and work until 1600, I now get there around 05:45 and I am hitting the door at 1500. Not to mention the loss of productivity from people standing around BSing (not me - I'm naturally anti-social, but having the people doing it by my cube is certainly a distraction).

And then there's the issue of breaks. I'm a smoker, so I'm going down to the smoking area about once an hour for about 7-10 minutes. Don't have to do that at home. Non-smokers go for walks around the building with about the same frequency (I see them on my way to the smoking area). More lost productivity. Management that want this are idiots.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Easy street? Are you one of those that thinks remote workers can't be productive?
    It's not my opinion that matters. It's the opinions of the people making all the decisions at all these companies, and their verdict appears to be in.

Top Bottom